Top Gear seeks to recover cars from controversial Argentina episode

Oh for crying out loud not this rubbish again. You sound like those people who persist in claiming the moon landings were faked at a disused airbase in the Arizona desert.

Here is what happened.

1. Clarkson decides he wants to take a 928 on this trip. He also wants a manual gearbox.
2. Researcher (who wasn't even born when the Falklands conflict took place) locates two for sale in the UK.
3. One of the available cars is black, which they decide against because black cars don't look good on film.
4. They buy the other one.
5. The car gets shipped and only then do they notice the original number plate on the car and realise it could cause offence so they have plates made for the vanity plate the car wore at some point in its history to avoid controversy.

The TG crew have a reputation for taking the piss but they aren't completely stupid. If this were deliberate it would be almost as bad as if they'd spent half the Middle East trip with bacon in the engine bays and swigging vodka from the bottle as they drove along.

It was an unfortunate coincidence which is being milked by people with an axe to grind. You note nobody from Argentina has apologised for the behaviour of the thugs who did what they did to the crew. Why not? No mileage in it.

Stop using facts to prove the truth.

Last edited:
No really it's all a bunch of crap. Even worse is the numbers thing. It's like me not being able to order a "99" in Liverpool because 96 fans of LFC died in the crush at Hillsborough....

Make it a remembrance deal, yeah, yeah, that's the ticket.

Or you could just call it a flake cone...

No really it's all a bunch of crap. Even worse is the numbers thing. It's like me not being able to order a "99" in Liverpool because 96 fans of LFC died in the crush at Hillsborough....

So they're over sensitive AND they're bad at maths....:blink:

I can understand the complaint about Jeremy's number plate, stupid as it may be. And I believe all of them when they say it was unintentional. But the complaint about the other two - that Richard's 269 is "close" to the number of Brits killed, and that James' 646 "could be" a reference to the number of Argentinian casualties, is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. So by that reasoning, James' punishment should be greater than Richard's since his plate number was closer to the actual number. So pathetically ridiculous.

Which should negate the whole matter. These "Veterans" are offended because they WANTED to be offended and if you dig enough you can always find a reason to be offended.

The "Vets" need to be slapped upside the head with a license plate until some semblance of sense returns.

Hello, my name Ricardo,

Very pleased to ask experts here... Can tell me if this is Jeremy's real license plate? My friends want to know because Clarkson and Brits take this joke way too far! Thank you.

TopGear_Porsche_Vulcan-607.jpg

No, his plate number is N0 P3N15.

Hello, my name Ricardo,

Very pleased to ask experts here... Can tell me if this is Jeremy's real license plate? My friends want to know because Clarkson and Brits take this joke way too far! Thank you.

The real number plate was the one you saw in the show. It came with the car when bought new in the UK.

You must be dumb as fck.

Why not respond properly and politely? Isn't being civil to new users a better attitude than insulting them?

Oh, Now I get it, it's a sly joke based on references for the Falklands war because that's what Clarkson's number plate was accused of being.

Why not respond properly and politely? Isn't being civil to new users a better attitude than insulting them?
Sorry, no. I'm more than happy to reply and discuss stuff as long the other party shows some basic intellect regardless of that person having a different view or not. But when dealing with this sort of stupidity the gloves come off.

You can't argue, see his point of view, make him understand yours or have any sort of meaningful conversation with the sort of people who posted what he did. They are below the threshold and those sort of folks shouldn't get some sort of audience or attention, people like that already cause enough trouble and by actually trying to reason with them you give them legitimacy which they don't deserve. Say no to stupidity and idiocracy.

Oh, Now I get it, it's a sly joke based on references for the Falklands war because that's what Clarkson's number plate was accused of being.

You're giving him too much credit.

Last edited: