Top Gear Series 19

skylock

Car(s)
Honda Civic
http://www.*************/2012/12/04/top-gear-christmas-special-in-february-2013/

Top Gear fans are awaiting the return of Jeremy, Richard and James for a new season of Top Gear and their annual Top Gear Christmas Special. New information has been revealed last night that the special will go out a little late this year.

The show will be broadcasted in February, according to presenter James May, who also confirmed the next series will be six episodes rather than eight. Top Gear specials have been the centerpiece of the past four Christmases on BBC2, but this year this will not be the case. It will either be a Winter Special than a Christmas Special says Captain Slow.

It?s actually now a Winter Special in a very hot country. The reason is that it is part of the next series, our January/February one, which is quite a short one. We weren?t able to film it until quite late in the year and there is a lot of editing putting it together.
We would be rushing it a bit if we got it out before Christmas. We were already calling it ?Top Gear?s February Christmas Special?.
At least we?ve avoided clashing with X Factor and I?m A Celebrity? There?s no point tearing your audience apart by dividing them.

Shame. Guess it's just the Dr Who and Downton Abbey Christmas specials to look forward to. :(

And it will be Sod's Law they broadcast it when I am away skiing in Feb so I'll have to wait even longer to see it.

Ah, well..that's the downside of the jetset lifestyle.

Jeremy has hinted that there will once again be a summer series in 2013

Only six episodes, that's a pity. Let's hope they will be good.

Does this automatically mean that the summer series will have 8?

Here's great interview with James and Jeremy about the new DVD, the new season, and the state of Top Gear in general:

http://www.smoothradio.co.uk/shows-...ebrity-chats/mark-chats-to-clarkson-may/4f802

Talk about the new series starts around the 15:20 mark. James mentions "the third week of January" for the start of the new season. The February Xmas Special will most likely air at the end of the series. Jeremy also points out that there will be a summer series (20) this year.

Great interview that was, I urge everyone to hear it all. :D

I think this "Christmas" special will go out before the series starts. The interviewer mentions "January", but I think James meant 3rd week of February because if the series starts on the 3rd week of January, and there are 6 episodes, it will end on Feb. 24 (last Sunday of February) so there won't be enough space for the special to air in February (maybe they'll push it to March).

Interesting interview.
Ladas are not actually so bad. They are warm on the wintertime and easy to fix. Nivas are pretty good bang for buck when it comes to offroading.

Can't wait for the new series,seems like it took them bit longer to produce await going to be well prepared

cheerio!

Here's great interview with James and Jeremy about the new DVD, the new season, and the state of Top Gear in general:

http://www.smoothradio.co.uk/shows-...ebrity-chats/mark-chats-to-clarkson-may/4f802

Talk about the new series starts around the 15:20 mark. James mentions "the third week of January" for the start of the new season. The February Xmas Special will most likely air at the end of the series. Jeremy also points out that there will be a summer series (20) this year.

India Special was Top Gear's Mamma Mia. xD

Is anyone prepared for the possibility that the Winter Special might be... mediocre?
(I'm hyped, regardless!)

Anyone else think that the Season 19 Special will be Texas? F1 Race, opening of the 85 mph freeway near Austin where TG topped out some supercars at 220 mph, and the Texas Hill Country? There are some wonderful roads there, 335/336/337 and 1087.

Anyone else think that the Season 19 Special will be Texas? F1 Race, opening of the 85 mph freeway near Austin where TG topped out some supercars at 220 mph, and the Texas Hill Country? There are some wonderful roads there, 335/336/337 and 1087.

No. Next question.

According to James on The One Show on BBC tonight, the 'Christmas Special' has now been nudged into March. He gave a number of frivolous reasons, but as the new series doesn't start filming until Wednesday 23rd January for transmission on Sunday 27th and there are only five recordings, it would appear that the Special will now be the last transmitted programme of series 19.

(maybe they'll push it to March).

:yes:

Shame the "special" is included as the 6th episode of the season (I wanted 6 episodes + the special)...oh well, better than nothing. :)

Why don't you watch a few recent episodes and judge for yourself?

Why don't you watch a few recent episodes and judge for yourself?
Internet's not good enough plus the newer series aren't on tv here. The last full series i've seen is probably 12 or 13, will probably try getting them on DVD if they exist.

Internet's not good enough plus the newer series aren't on tv here. The last full series i've seen is probably 12 or 13, will probably try getting them on DVD if they exist.

What are you on about? Prime has been showing all the latest seasons and they were only 3 or 4 weeks behind for the last season if I remember. Also our internet in NZ is perfectly fine I've got all the eps 720P