Top Gear Series 19

Wow, TG have been off the air for more than a year! There was something in the back of my head that I missed but I kind of forgot what it was until I ended up at the frontpage instead of forums. :lol:

What are you on about? Prime has been showing all the latest seasons and they were only 3 or 4 weeks behind for the last season if I remember. Also our internet in NZ is perfectly fine I've got all the eps 720P
My internet isn't good, is what I meant. Will try and catch the next season though.

No they are in more jeopardy from lefty/greenie BBC execs - I kid you not.

The fact that it is sold throughout the world and makes a ton of money for the BBC means nothing to them, the downside of being funded they way it is.

If you are on the TV in the UK, if there is one then the similar programme on ITV/CH4/CH5 are 'rivals', the suits are the enemy, no matter what station.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/Top-Gear-TV-is-back-2013-01-03

The "microcar" and the "old-age people carrier" films will probably be crap. The US road trip and Wembley to Milan will be quite good. From the pictures the Africa Special looks like it could be a great film but after the horrible Indian special i'm a bit worried.

I can assure you they learned their lesson with that one. If the backlash on their own website weren't enough, me handing Wilman a pack of mini poppadoms at a filming last year and telling him that they were Indian and Special rather rammed the point home. That and when he-he went up to him and said "Two words - India Special" and he rolled his eyes with a pained expression, looked embarrassed and said "Don't!"

Not quite, the last series was in the spring... it just feels like it's been more than a year :)

I don't mind that so much. Gives them a chance to take their time and focus on quality.
Seems to me that it's a show just waiting to be cancelled.

Seems to me you don't have a clue what you are talking about. It's closer to the end than the start but I reckon they'll claw themselves most of the way towards the end of the decade.

No they are in more jeopardy from lefty/greenie BBC execs - I kid you not.

The fact that it is sold throughout the world and makes a ton of money for the BBC means nothing to them, the downside of being funded they way it is.

If you are on the TV in the UK, if there is one then the similar programme on ITV/CH4/CH5 are 'rivals', the suits are the enemy, no matter what station.

Cobololol, your tinfoil hat is showing again.

On the contrary, the fact that it makes a ton of money for the BBC means everything to them

On the contrary, the fact that it makes a ton of money for the BBC means everything to them

Precisely. Shite like "Britain's Brightest" doesn't pay for itself.

Although I want quality over quantity, I do have to admit I'm disappointed that after a year off the air, we're only getting 6 new episodes.

Someone make January go faster please :D

For those of us in the US, BBC America will be airing Series 19 episodes (effectively) one week after they appear on BBC Two. So the January 27th premiere will be on Monday, February 4th.