Top Gear Set/Furniture

dragonboy3000

Car(s)
'97 Toyota Camry, soon to be a final gen Celica
During the Lewis Hamilton everyone must have noticed that Jeremy and Lewis were watching his lap on a gorgeous brand new flat screen TV.
Why don't they use that during the star in the reasonably priced car segment and the news, in stead of the current crap tv they're using because of the top gear fire.
It doesn't make sense

They where not sitting in the normal area where they?

They use a different set of chairs for the F1 drivers. Probally a bigger bit of the studio so they can have F1 cars there. The only exception to this was Damon Hill, he had to sit on the Vauxhall Senator seats as he was the first F1 guest.

You don't think the BBC can afford a better TV or chairs? It's a set. It's supposed to be a joke. :?

Those big plasma screens really aren't that expensive when you consider all the other things that go into a set - the monitors in a studio gallery are more expensive than the screens used on set.

They've decided the new chairs work as a set and so have decided to keep it. It's part of the evolution of the show from something just for petrol heads to something for people that enjoy cars and having a laugh.

The ratings show that Top Gears average audience member is male between 25 and 40 and probably working in an office - basically grown up lads up for a laugh and looking for an escape from the mundanity of every day life.

Jeremy said this in his recent column for TG Mag.
The trouble is that the people I'm talking about here have come out from the gentlemen's lavatories and declared themselves to be genuine gearheads, people who, if you cut them, would bleed super unleaded and Castrol R. And they're all horrible. I can think of no worse group, apart from the freemasons.

And here's my beef: with their silly haircuts and their nasty complexions, and their fondness for wearing track suits, they give the whole world of motoring a bad name. They make 'liking cars' uncool.

When I sit down at a dinner party, I can always see the colour drain from the faces of those around me as they imagine I'm going to talk torque and carve race tracks in my gravy all night long. They all think I'm going to be a woollier, fatter version of Ron Dennis.

Top Gear is basically for people that enjoy looking at cars, enjoy the spectacle of a fast or flash car and enjoy the whole 'boys own' stuff.

Thats what the new set is about - it's a laugh, it's poking fun at blokes getting older but still loving a laugh. Or at least that's my interpretation of it.

Everybody knows they can buy huge plasma, but what for? The current furniture and TV are just a joke and what is more these are unusual.
Do you know any other TV show, where such a furniture is used instead of super modern sofas and tables made of cosmic materials?
You, don't. That's why we love TG so much.

They've decided the new chairs work as a set and so have decided to keep it. It's part of the evolution of the show from something just for petrol heads to something for people that enjoy cars and having a laugh.

:( :thumbsdown:

it's a new theme, instead of beeing serious about the fire and buy another set of car seats and a new tv, they joked about all this and made as though they brought their "old" chiars and tv from the basment, i liked it ... but i don't like no cool wall

I like the old furniture but I think the old TV is overdoing it, especially since it gives away the joke as you see all the other flatscreen TVs in the studio.

However did they get a computer input into such an old TV anyway?

You can get cables that convert todays standard into that old gross plug that goes into old TV's

The old TV set idea was nicked from the American pilot i think. It looks good. It's not as if you can't see what they show on the TV, they always fill the screen with whatever picture is on there anyway.

Hi I'm new here.
so i think they need add to the studio something from the past:
http://img135.imageshack.**/img135/1655/thepastdd7.jpg
It's their studio from the first season.

Little fact:
James May didn't work at Top Gear on the first season.