Top Gear Set/Furniture

Little fact:
James May didn't work at Top Gear on the first season.

:blink: Really? Who did then? AFAIK, he has always been there, since the program restarted in 2002.

On another note: aren't threads like this, or the one about James sexuality, shouldn't we be saving them for a few months later, when there is no show and imaginations run amok?

Little fact:
:blink: Really? Who did then? AFAIK, he has always been there, since the program restarted in 2002.

On another note: aren't threads like this, or the one about James sexuality, shouldn't we be saving them for a few months later, when there is no show and imaginations run amok?

Jason Dawe

TGCastS1E1.jpg

When I was at the filming for first ep of series 10, Clarkson was asking audience "should we get the senator seats back next week?" and everyone said NOOOOO!

Meh. Making a car show for the masses ftl.

:lol: I know, guys. :D I was attempting to be funny.

I though James started in series 3. He reviewed his own Bentley.
Meh, I'll take your word for it.

No, I may be wrong. Been years since I watched old TG.

jason dawe was there for a season after they brought top gear back then james may took the position in season 2

You don't think the BBC can afford a better TV or chairs? It's a set. It's supposed to be a joke. :?

Agreed, OP has completely missed the point.

I though James started in series 3. He reviewed his own Bentley.
Meh, I'll take your word for it.

yes, he reviewed his own Bentley when he first appeared in the first ep of Series 2

Last edited:
What does it matter? Think that the seats look great, fun to see the classy lady guests in them (remember hellen mirren) She didn't know how to sit in the chair!

Those big plasma screens really aren't that expensive when you consider all the other things that go into a set - the monitors in a studio gallery are more expensive than the screens used on set.

They've decided the new chairs work as a set and so have decided to keep it. It's part of the evolution of the show from something just for petrol heads to something for people that enjoy cars and having a laugh.

The ratings show that Top Gears average audience member is male between 25 and 40 and probably working in an office - basically grown up lads up for a laugh and looking for an escape from the mundanity of every day life.

Jeremy said this in his recent column for TG Mag.

Top Gear is basically for people that enjoy looking at cars, enjoy the spectacle of a fast or flash car and enjoy the whole 'boys own' stuff.

Thats what the new set is about - it's a laugh, it's poking fun at blokes getting older but still loving a laugh. Or at least that's my interpretation of it.

This thread should have been locked after this post. All you need to know^

It's their studio from the first season.

Little fact:

http://img249.imageshack.**/img249/9555/ngbbs44328f77ced80sh2.jpg