Top Gear Show/Site Suggestions

The three presenters are told to buy 3 caravans and 3 Morris Marinas[...]
while I?m not too sold on your whole script, I do think that combining Marinas and Caravans is a winning formula (and only the natural evolution of things) ...

Just make sure they film in a no-flight zone ... and they should have nothing to worry about.

I'd like to see the Ariel Atom V8 vs Caterham 7's V8, and give them a series of challenges.
This, with challenges like shopping or speed bumps.
:yes: ... ideally the Atom and Caterham to be driven by Hammond and Jeremy ... taking on James in his Panda ... :)

Last edited:
Have a show dedicated to Ferrari and film the episode at Ferrari. Then move on to Lambo/Mercedes/BMW etc.

Have the presenters work at various stations of building a production car, from the designing to various stations on an assembly line.

Besides "The Italian Job" how about recreating the hosts favorite car chases, Top Gear style, see if they can change the outcome?

Are Jeeps even sold in the UK?

How about take the concept of The Amazing Race?

Each presenter would be partnered with an F1 racer then they'll go on a series of stops and challenges within Europe.

But please, a lesser "cocking-about" attitude on this one. I'd really love to see, how they will co-work with an F1 driver and accomplish the tasks ahead.

^ To me, any excuse to get the Touring Car drivers involved.... :D

A humble suggestion.

Inspired by the last review of series 13, how about a car review in which the reviewer (I think it'd have to be Jeremy) must convey their opinion on the car, but is not allowed to vocalize their opinion. In other words, they can't speak at all. Maybe some facial expressions. Maybe some visual cues (like Hammond showing a pie and key a next to each other). It becomes an opportunity to film Jeremy's absurd hyperbole. So it'll be a dozen greased eunuchs in one shot followed by Scarlett Johansson, naked, with pillows and lots of honey. In one film he's licking the boot of a new Ferrari and in another film he drops a bin of cowpat on some Hyundai.

Lots of really great visuals to make for great telly and it makes a typical car review a bit more interesting, without having to bring in the entire British Army.

Top Gear vs Mythbusters. They would make their way from Anchorage in Alaska to Ushuaia in Tierra del Fuego, a province of Argentina, train, plane, car and boat. There has to be explosions and mangled caravans. They need the blond girl (Maddie?) from series 13 episode 6 again or a similar glamourous extension. They could bust myths and chase each other from one end of the Americas to the other. They need more females.

My perfect episode:

Each one of the guys get's to chose a car...knowing in advance what the challenges are going to be...so they can get the 'perfect' car.

However, the twist would be...right before the challenge starts, they have to trade with another person..in the hopes that the other guy will win!

Trade cars a total of 3 times...so they would each get to drive all 3 cars...but they only win...if the guys driving the trades win.

Jeremy would have a heart attack!

^ That idea is so evil it's awesome. Unfortunately...

You must spread some yellow Fezza paint before giving any to That American Girl again.

Inspired by

http://forums.finalgear.com/general-automotive/italian-police-to-crush-fake-ferrari-39937/

Outraged Italian cops are to crush this stunning looking Ferrari - after discovering it was cobbled together in England from a clapped out Toyota MR2.
[...]
But as they took a closer look they realised the pedigree supercar had far humbler British origins and confiscated it under Italy's copyright laws.

Buy a cheap mid engined Roadster/Coupe and turn it into a fake Ferrari for 10000 Pounds. Then try to drive it in Italy for 2 days ... who ever gets their cars taken away from them by the italian police first, wins :)

Last edited:
Has anyone ever thought of a "Top Gear Extra" video on the site? I mean, there must be lots of stuff that doesn't make it into the final cut of the show (the airport racing video for example), so maybe that'd be a place to put it, along with all of the outtakes, behind the scenes stuff and other videos that've taken over my life so wholly in the past few months.

My point being, why not combine the rag-tag collection of TG videos we have at the moment into a web show, something lasting a little like 10 minutes or something, rather than the odd 2 minute video every now and again.

Anyone agree? Just something to think about

Chances are, the airport vehicle racing thing and the ZR1 review will pop up in the coming series. That said, I posted the following a while back...

An idea I saw on the TG website in the comments for one of the posts, which I'm echoing here.

Turn Any Unused Footage from Each Episode into Webisodes

But I would also go beyond that a little bit. With Top Gear Live coming up later in the year, combined with the fact there are probably loads of fans who cannot make the trek to see it, and lord knows if someone will film a show and put it on Bittorrent again, but since there are cameras filming it anyway...

Turn Any Memorable Footage from Any Top Gear Live Show into Webisodes

Surely something memorable is bound to happen at some point during a live show that's worth adding to the website? Not to mention they'd be a great complement to any of The Mole's postings.

Lengthwise across Europe, perhaps?

Meanwhile, I had this thought in my head for a four-way race (TG3 + Stig or someone else against each other), where each of them starts at a different "corner" of Europe, each in a different road car (not a supercar -- something people would actually purchase) with the Nurburgring as the finishing point, culminating in a lap. However! The winner of the race would not be the one who gets there and finishes his lap first, but the one who puts down the fastest lap in his respective car. (This would need some tweaking; I'm sure; but -- again -- this is a thread for ideas. :))

The three presenters could be asked to each turn up at the Test Track, with a rear wheel drive Toyota coup?. James could turn up with either a 2000GT or a 1970 Celica GT, Richard with the 1997 Supra Turbo, and Jeremy with the Lexus LF-A.

Both James and Richard could perform short reviews on their cars, with the main focus being on Jeremy's review of the LF-A. This could be set up in a similar fashion to "What's the best British car" from Series 3, adding a comical drag race, and a Stig lap.

x2

they should drop the guys in the middle of nowhere, sitting in a willy's jeep, out of a chopper...and then race bear grills back to civilisation...how hard can it be :D

A top gear challenge based on Planes Trains & Automobiles.

Each presenter is given ?200 and told to buy a road legal car, then told that if it breaks down any subsequent transportation they arrange, or vehicles they buy, may not be the same as the first vehicle they purchased. Should a form of transportation not work out, they can revert back to another form, but one means of transportation may not immediately follow another (a car may not immediately follow a car, for example.). Each time they search for new transportation, they will be allowed to spend ?200 more. The distance they could be traveling could be somewhat great, to give time for all of this to unfold. There would also have to be a time constraint to go along with this challenge.

Great idea!!