Top Gear Show/Site Suggestions

I'd like to see them go look for the best diesel car available like mentioned by Mr. Nice, I'm thinking Golf GTD, BMW 335d, A5 3.0 TDI,...

Hello everyone! New to this site :) Top Gear has become one of my fav shows after watching a couple episodes. Idk if this was suggested already but they should feature the Tramontana R? And for the "Reasonably Priced Car" they should get Jason Statham in that thing haha

Things I'd like to see....

2011 5.0 Mustang vs. 2011 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport

Tim Allen vs Jay Leno in the reasonably priced car

2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 V8 on a Journey in the Cozumel Mexico

3rd generation camaro, trans am, mustang cheap car challenge

5 car drag race: Porsche GT2 vs. Corvette Zr1 vs. Lambo Gallardo 570 vs. Ferrari 599 vs. Dodge Viper GTS

2011 Shelby GT500 vs Camaro SS Z28 prototype

6 cylinder shootout - Camaro vs Mustang vs Hyundai Gensis vs Challenger

LS series engine progression piece - LS1, LS2, LS3, LS6, LS7, and LS9

Which Supercar does the best and longest burnout piece

Todays Muscle cars vs The Older Muscle cars

Aston Martin DBS vs. Aston Martin V12 Vantage vs. Aston Martin DB9 vs. Aston Martin V8 Vantage

Everyday cars vs. Cop Cars, which ones could really outrun them - Challenge

2010 Lingenfelter Trans Am Test

Hawaii Special - on location in Honolulu taking a tour around the Island in a 1965 Shelby Cobra 427

Which AMG Mercedes is the best bang for the buck? - Challenge

Infiniti G37 vs Nissian 370Z Test

Usain Bolt (Olympic Sprinter) vs. New Honda CRV in 50 meter dash

Does gasoline octane ratings improve vehicle performance challenge?

What is the most reliable car challenge. Take 3 of the most reliable vehicles and see which one "lasts" the longest in abuse from jeremy, richard, and may before blowing up.

Last edited:
Take what into account? That they test cars from all over the world and they might as well test more american cars too? They've tested damn near every supercar many times on the show. Its time for some new blood. Im american and I want to see some of these newer high hp muscle cars on their track too. Hammond would love the new 5.0 gt. Jeremy would love a burnout contest in supercars. They would all love to bash third gen pony cars and I own one and I wouldnt mind at all. Toyota tundra isn't american, neither is the the honda crv, neither are amg mercs, or the hyundai genesis, neither is the infiniti vs nissan test. Im so sorry you are against such ideas because they were not your own. Carry on now.

I dont care what the circumstances were. Theres no place where it says a person can't be on the show twice. Thats a bit ridiculous. I suppose you're a producer of the show? Didn't think so. Don't think I dont watch this show, I've seen every single episode ever produced more than once. But hey if you would like to see them test the same cars and do the same old challenges over and over again, thats your problem.

I understand the people from top gear visit this place from time to time and I'm sure ideas are appreciative, good or bad. Thats why the topic of this thread is Top Gear Suggestions...And no, the suggestion's dont run through you...You do not have creative control of this show. Just letting you know.

Last edited:
TG should goto a few different countries and test the cars out that are used by the local police. If they cant get the actual police car get the road going version of it off the manufacturer.

Um I am not sure that TysonJones is aware how the BBC works - the next thing I am expecting is "I saw episode x of season (wot?) x and there was someone I'd never heard of in SIRPC. ?".

You need to be up to speed before you start throwing you weight about Tyson.

Take what into account? That they test cars from all over the world and they might as well test more american cars too?

No, that TG caters to a British audience, first and foremost, because that's where the show originates. With very few exceptions, if a car isn't going to be sold in the UK, they're not going to test it. (Exception-wise, I'm thinking mainly of an episode in Series 4 that was entirely devoted to cars not for sale in the UK.)

Dacia Sandero vs Morris marina vs the Beetle road trip, car durby, rally event, and to end it send them off a aircraft carrier red bull flugtag style all while on a budget to improve them for these events.

Last edited:
Really loved the 24hr race episode. Would love to see them do something like that again...maybe transform a car/truck for the Paris/Dakar rally.

I like when they are given a certain about of money and have to used it to improve their cars. like the time they had a mini van they tried to make go around the track as fast as a evo. But instead make it a tuner car special.

That's likely never going to happen, IMO.

After revealing the V6 engined F40 TopGear continues to rewrite Ferrari history...
That turns out to be the 430 Challenge!

341.jpg

Last edited:
How about each of them upgrade a car they purchased using only 1 tool. Jezza with his trusted hammer, James with his polished screwdriver and Richard with something. They can do whatever they can think off, installing new parts, taking seats off to make it lighter, fix something thats broken all using 1 tool.

How about building a car for a triathlon competition. There will be water event, driving through a race track event and something else

How about the most expensive cheap car or cheapest expensive car road trip.