Top Gear Show/Site Suggestions

What I'd like to see is a Maserati GranTurismo review... possibly the first current car to look more beautiful than the DB9

One thing that I wish Top Gear would get rid of is the boring Celebrity In A Reasonably Priced Car because the interview really goes nowhere and the majority don't have a true passion for the automotive world and it goes on for entirely too long. I wish they could replace it with more reviews of cars instead of boring celebrities.

One thing that I wish Top Gear would get rid of is the boring Celebrity In A Reasonably Priced Car because the interview really goes nowhere and the majority don't have a true passion for the automotive world and it goes on for entirely too long. I wish they could replace it with more reviews of cars instead of boring celebrities.

I am sure that it would be more interesting for You, if they invite "stars" better known in States (Ryan Seacrest?) :) Now seriously, sirpc is still here because.. well I forgot :p
Ok, I know, it has something to do with the fact that it is a BBC show. Probably top brass of BBC like the fact that Top Gear invites hosts from other BBC shows, helping them to promote their work.
Lets face it, over 70% of SIRPC's are talk-show hosts, tv presenters, radio hosts, tv-series actor.. more or less associated with BBC

That's not 'completely true' although more or less true. The first episode of the series was made up of Channel 4 celebs. Although in series 10 only two of the celebs were in BBC Shows - out of 9.

Plus - I really like the segment and its pretty much the only reason my wife watches the show. Also - everyone that's been on it has been REALLY well known in the place the show is actually made for - THE UK!

Plus - Top Gear is an entertainment show that features cars NOT A CAR SHOW which is why it has these more entertainment style features.

Dear Mr. Willman,

Last TG episode was so far the best and most classic one in this series. You were saying in your blog that you look for old school TG in nowadays TG. Well I have an idea, normal road tests in some interesting places in the world. Remember that James's Maserati Quattroporte in Sicily or Bentley Flying Spur in Dubai? Such films were always a pleasure to watch. I think TG needs something like this once more. This series every test (excluding race versus something) took place on British soil. Why not for ex. take the Alfa Romeo 8C (got a Bentley GTZ Zagato in store?) for a test to the jaw droppingly beautiful city of Perugia? Imagine the feel of such a film. I know that a GT-R test in Japan is coming this week, but only because last weeks race was done there, it's not a "separate idea", if you see what I mean. Anyway, good luck making better Top Gear.

Robert

I want to see the trio drive through the very heart of Australia - Adelaide to Darwin - in some NEW Australian cars, very much like the US special.

Fair enough older cars would theoretically break down more often and seemingly be more entertaining but believe me outback Australia is a harsh test on brand new 4x4's - let alone what I propose.

They should really be driving the pinnacle of Australian-built performance cars which are seen no where else in the world - aside from the HSV anyway - so thats the HSV GTS, FPV F6 and the underdog TRD Aurion for James. That's a mix of FWD, RWD, V8, Turbo6 and SuperV6.

For our foreign visitors, here is the line-up of cars:

HSV GTS - 317kW NA LS3 V8

gts14-800x600.jpg

FPV F6 - 310kW Turbo Straight Six

image45143_b.thumbnail.jpg

TRD Aurion - ~240kW FWD Supercharged Six

trdaurionofficial3.jpg

And in case Andy reads this, here are some shots from our recent trip into the outback with the DBS for some cinematic inspiration. :p

qld-dbs-sunset-1.thumbnail.jpg

cawnpore-valley.thumbnail.jpg

dbs-speed-run-2.thumbnail.jpg

...and of course the video, because why not.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZHEiI-ypcU[/YOUTUBE]

Jeremy won't come to Australia because it is full of spiders.

I reckon they should by some old Ford XD Falcon's and VB Holdens drive from Melbourne, Adelaide, Nullabour Plain, Alice Springs, Darwin and finish in Port Headland in an Australian Summer, considering Port Headland, Fitzroy Crossing and Roeburn are generally 49 Celsius at the time. It would showcase the best places in Australia, they could do a Targa Tasmania. Leave out NSW and Queensland and they are not very attractive.

That would be a lot harder than the African tour.

Corvette ZR-1
CTS-V
New Viper
Porsche GT2
Aston V-12 engined Vantage car
SSC

and

GET THE FUCKING CCXR on

Just thought of a couple of ideas for top gear

The 3 presenters should buy a cheap car and come up with their own anti-carjacking system. They should then take this car to the most dangerous spots in the world and test out their systems there. Maybe they can go to somewhere like South Africa and drive around the country and see who gets jacked or shot first.

Other idea,

The 3 presenters should build their own car. They are restricted to getting parts from the scrap yard. After building them, they should do those tests like having stig drive their cars around the track, and drive long distances from A to B, also drive their scrap made cars to the same auto car wash place as the caravan convertible episode.
one presenter should do a convertible, another one a SUV, the last one a limo.

I'd like to see all 3 presenters clock up times in the "reasonably priced car" under the same conditions as the guests. Yea, I know Jeremy did a lap in the old car, but he had 2 passengers, one of which was rather substantial(!)

I'd go for as straightforward a contest as possible: no passengers, no pretending to get lost, no "powweeeeeer" crashes and no vandalising the car before each others' laps.

There, I'm easily pleased. :)

How about, "Top Gear: Canadian Road Trip". Ok, first off, I know they did the Arctic Special in 2006 which was in Northern Canada, but they never have attempted a cross-Canadian roadtrip. Most people think we drive mostly the same cars as Americans, which is partially true, but we infact manufacture ALOT of Japanese and American cars. Ok, so Americans cars are crap (that's why I drive a Nissan, and my family drives Volkswagens), but the idea of going across Canada would be great. It would give new meaning to the "best driving road", especially in British Columbia. Good idea, I'd say.

How about something like an RV challenge. Something similar to a eurovan. or the chevy 20

Wait a minute, if you remember, Top Gear hates Caravanning (that's what the Brits call RV's).

ie:

[youtube]http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=bAgptNEZ7vg[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
Plus - Top Gear is an entertainment show that features cars NOT A CAR SHOW which is why it has these more entertainment style features.

Sorry, but who has said that? I've read pretty/watched everything released by the TG crew and can't remember it. Both Andy and Jeremy has stated that they are interested to bring back some 'classicness' into TG. All these challenges we now see every episode aint much classic.

I don't want to blame anything, but Richards crash totally changed TG. Not to the better if you ask me.

Last edited:
My dad had a pretty good idea yesterday after I nearly got run down by a little golf buggy thing yesterday: The TG3 should try testing golf carts. They've done tractors and offroaders, why not other vehicles as well? Could you imagine Jeremy behind the wheel of some extra souped up cart yelling, "Powweeerr!" as he trundled along at 15mph? And then James would show up with some luxury thing with a top speed of about 3mph, and of course Hammond would wind up flipping his vintage pink barbie mobile or whatever he got.:lol: Plus I'd love to see Stiggy going around the track in one of them. "...there's some wheel spin at the start! Look at the speed, he must be going at least 25! ...and he's gone onto two wheels going around Gambon!"
I know some of them can be quite quick, but that would make it all the more fun. Anyone up for a high speed obstacle course?

I want to see the trio drive through the very heart of Australia - Adelaide to Darwin - in some NEW Australian cars, very much like the US special.

Fair enough older cars would theoretically break down more often and seemingly be more entertaining but believe me outback Australia is a harsh test on brand new 4x4's - let alone what I propose.

They should really be driving the pinnacle of Australian-built performance cars which are seen no where else in the world - aside from the HSV anyway - so thats the HSV GTS, FPV F6 and the underdog TRD Aurion for James. That's a mix of FWD, RWD, V8, Turbo6 and SuperV6.

I was going to suggest an Australian episode as well (although I figured that at least a few other people would have thought of that already).

AU would definitely be challenging to get old cars through, maybe they could get like $2,000 (or the Australian equivalent) and have to buy something made before 1990 or something? Then they'd have to hmm.. I don't know, race a dingo or something.

I want to see the Vette ZR1 on the track...and the CTS-V when it comes out just for good measure.

Ditto. I don't really mind not seeing many American cars, especially considering since they're all rubbish anyways, but I really think the new Corvettes need to be recognized. I really liked when they had the (what was it now...?) the Z06 or something and I'd like to see some Euro vs. American action, or even some Australian and Japanese competitors as well.

And the CCXR should be featured, definitely, as well as the new Viper (more American).

Last edited:
Icon Car Challenge: All 3 get a classic car for no more than ?3000. I'd like to see that!

lmao, I bet you James would buy a VW Beetle and say it's "Herbie". And Jeremy would buy a sports car then paint it white and say "It's my Don Johnsonmobile". Richard would take his Dodge Charger and paint it like the Dukes of Hazard and call it "The General Lee".

^ Smitman's sig just reminded me of something else as well: The Dacia Sandero. But I think it goes without saying that they better do something really cool with it. :p

Oh, and something else, I know this has been said before but I think they should show the cars a little better. I'd like to actually see what they're driving and not just a flash of the paint. The effects are really cool and Hollywood worthy, but I think there's just a wee bit too many.