Top Gear Show/Site Suggestions

British Supercar road trip. McLaren MP4-12C, Noble M600, Aston Martin One-77

Edit: With a Stig lap time for all three, including the now lighter Noble.

Also, Cayman R vs. Lotus Evora S.

Last edited:
Bring back Lewis Hamilton and watch him break the fastest time.

Anyways, how about them doing something for the kids. How about
all 3 try out go karts
or finding the best family car like Jeremy's love for his xc90
or 3 of them try to build an ice cream van and the proceeds go to charity
or 3 of them rebuild an old car. James will be like super anal, Richard will want flames on the side and Jeremy will use his hammer and name it.

How about a cheap family car challenge. Like usual, they'll get different types of cars. Some get 7 seaters and maybe one would get a 5 seater because its sporty.

One of the task is a get a way vehicle type challenge where they wait outside a bank/jail/whatever and the extras would try to cramp their stuff into the car before getting into the car themselves and then the hosts would drive away as quickly as possible and see how comfortable the passengers are.

I'd like to see the Top Gear UK presenters sell used cars like the US ones did.

1) Involving the Boeing Phantom Ray in some sort of a race.

2) A Cord, Auburn, Duesenberg video.

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/extras/book-club/jays-book-club-boys-of-bonneville/

Cord 812 Phaeton Convertible
1937_cord_812_phaeton_blk.jpg

Auburn Boattail Speedster
236880082_274c159f7f.jpg

Duesenberg SJ Speedster
1933-duesenberg-sj-boattail-speedster.jpg

Edit: It could be interesting to pit these against a blower Bentley and a Rolls Royce.

blower-bentley_1462528c.jpg

Rolls Royce Phantom II Henley
1932_rr_henley-0201.jpg

Last edited:
I think someone mentioned it before, but i would REALLY like to see them do the trans-siberian highway. Most likely in native, russian cars. That's the one challenge i'm missing for years. Or, but this journey would be too long: Trans-American highway. From Alaska to Argentina.

And please no american cars, as one user wished before. Hate them, will hate them forever. It's a european show, you've got your own one now over there, where you can see them. Just 2 different kinds of bias for cars. Americans want brute force and shiny bling-bling, we want technique and refined style. Don't want to judge or start a discussion, but: european show, (or british, ok :D ) cars for the european taste

1) The three presenters could agree to go on a motorcycling journey, fooling Jeremy into actually riding a bike.

Jeremy could ride up on a Triumph Bonneville thinking that the other two will actually be on two-wheeled motorcycles as well.

717_7817_TRI_10_MODCLASS_EXT_LOC_17.jpg

Since the other presenters won't be on two-wheeled motorcycles, Jeremy could have a Fiat 500 Twin Air (or a TwinAir powered Ypsilon) nearby, which he could then go on to drive instead of riding the motorcycle.

Enough numbers. You want to know how it sounds. If you?ve got the manically popping, staccatoed stutter of an old-school British bike in your head... sorry. Aside from a puttering noise below about 1,500rpm, the TwinAir 500 isn?t hugely engaging in the ear department: largely hushed, a bit droney at high revs, but no worse than the 500?s existing 4cyl petrol.

Large%20Image%20(optional).jpg

Richard could arrive in a Morgan Three Wheeler

[video=youtube;8i_-INnFmrM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i_-INnFmrM[/video]

And finally, since James wishes that the Morgan Three Wheeler was something more modern he could turn up with a Campagna V13R or T-Rex 14RR

04.jpg

03.jpg

Edit: I thought it would be worth mentioning that a company called Aero3S offers some add-ons to the T-Rex which give it doors, a windshield and some rear windows.

1306191610_size_9.jpeg

Fifth Gear: Cat and Fiddle branded UK's most dangerous road

http://fwd.channel5.com/fifth-gear/car-news/high-fuel-prices-force-motorists-out-of-their-cars

Last edited:
A natural gas fuel cell put into the Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust Geoff.

A natural gas fuel cell put into the Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust Geoff.

1)
big_Top_Gear_Hammerhead_Eagle_ithrust_01.jpg

If it is at all possible, it would be interesting to see if a company that makes fuel cells could work with Top Gear to come up with a Liquid Natural Gas solution that could work in the Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust to see if a more conventionally fueled natural gas fuel cell would work to bring FCEVs to the motoring masses.

http://www.bloomenergy.com/products/solid-oxide-fuel-cell/

http://www.naturalgas.org/environment/technology.asp#fuelcells

2) Fisker Karma review. The car makes me think of a mustache.
670x377Image.jpeg

images

3) I still think it would be a great idea to turn the Series 14 hammerhead i-thrust Geoff TV creation into a Natural Gas fuel cell electric vehicle. The technology for Liquid Natural Gas and Compressed Natural Gas storage already exists, and there is a small amount of refueling infrastructure already in place all over the world. Many people could also refill their cars at home. It could be interesting to totally rework the car, scrapping all but the chassis and hiring an automotive design expert to come in to draw up something new that could house all of the components. Perhaps Metalcrafters could then build the car.

The finished product could be tested against the Peugeot 3008HYbrid4 and the Vauxhall Ampera in some kind of economy run to test their practicality.

All of this may not be possible, but because SOFC technology could eventually bridge the gap between the Internal Combustion Engine and hydrogen fuel cells, it would be nice to at the very least see a mention of the possibilities natural gas fuel cells could hold.

The fear of the SOFC operating temperature could easily be pushed aside for a one-off. Steam cuts and cauterizes, but we used that for transportation for many decades.

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/1925-doble-series-e-steam-car/213453/

Last edited:
They should do a "fashionable" car list. Like Artists and Actors/Actresses usually arrive in award shows in a Range Rooney or German car. Its basically the Cool Wall brought to live.

Many rental car companies in the US do not allow people to rent cars and drive on the Denali Highway in Alaska. I would like Top Gear to "disprove" this by taking cars up to the Denali Highway and driving it (well, parts of it) at speed. The rental car companies say it's full of potholes, bumps, and the like and so they won't allow driving on it for insurance purposes. Many people believe that the road is "undriveable" for this reason. I would like Top Gear to prove them wrong. I know of people who have driven it and they tell me it's not all that bad, although (obviously) it depends upon what time of the year they go and try it out.

Recently we saw most of car on road and think that how this car run so fastly without accident.Most of the costly car mfg provide Top Gear and this functionality use on racing car.

1)Top Gear participating in the Spa Six Hours Endurance Race

PhotoSpaSixHours.jpg

I'm not sure how this could be pulled together, considering the value of vintage race cars. I was picturing something with four cars, 3 faster cars being driven by the presenters and one slower car being driven by The Stig.

http://www.redwateruk.com/

2) A review of some Woodsport V8 MR2 and Mechatronik Restomods.

This could also devolve into a Top Gear adventure into the world of making a Restomod. It would obviously have to start with something like the GM ZZ 572 720, some new steering and suspension parts, possibly a supercharger or pair of turbochargers, brakes and a car that is completely inappropriate and something that nobody would want to restomod.

Edit: From what I've seen elsewhere on this forum, I felt no need to mention the Jensen here, but I guess I just did anyways. I thought that I would also just throw in the Singer article from the Top Gear website today.

Last edited:
I'd really like to see the weekly episode poll format (1-to-10) changed to this:

Excellent
Above Average
Average
Below Average
Fail

Because It's hard to know if someone's rating of 5/10 is 'average' or 'fail'.

^ That's more a suggestion for this website. This thread is for suggestions for the show's website (or TG itself).

You want this thread instead.

Hennessey Venom GT?

Hennessey Venom GT?

1) To begin with, I think I'll just start by saying that this idea may be a bad one. Hennessey is not known in the US for making modifications that leave you with a reliable car that won't explode the first time you go to start it.

That said, the Venom GT has had some engineering input from Lotus, so it may be worth looking at. I'm confident that the Americans (myself included) on this forum will be skeptical of the car at best.

I think a review of the Venom GT would have to begin with a small review of the 90's Lotus GT1

Even though the two cars may be unrelated, they share the similarities of being based on the Elise/Exige and using a GM drivetrain.

Since Top Gear magazine made mention of the Venom GT being a "Bug Killer" and stated that the car has performance numbers that should scare a Veyron SS, a Veyron SS should appear in the review to face off with the car. This could also be done to compare and contrast the Veyron's usability, comfort and cost with the Venom GT.

It would also be interesting if some other "American" supercars could incorporated into the review. The first car that comes to mind is the Saleen S7 Twin Turbo, which many have wanted to see make an appearance on the show for quite some time, and which was built with help from RML. The Ford GT40 could be mentioned.

This review could also end with a presenter lamenting the future demise of the current Elise and Exige, which could easily be partially blamed on Americans.

2) Another in the realm of bad ideas: What is the best car for a wheelchair user?

3) Put the new Stig around the test track in the Liana!

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been suggested but I would personally like to see them travel to (enter exotic country of choice) and have them be given such a pathetic amount of money that they have to pool their money together and get something all three of them can fit in (RV? Winnebago style) and travel in comfortably across chosen country.

I just think it'd be funny to see Jeremy drive off like a loon with James in the shower.

To make it a little more clear.

• Suggestion #1: They go to <insert exotic country> and be given such a small amount of money that they will be forced to pool their cash together just to be able to buy their transportation which needs to be something they can a) sleep in (i.e. RV/Winnebago) and b) drive in.
  • Suggestion #2: They go to <insert exotic country, preferably somewhere cold> and are made to choose between getting an RV which they can drive and sleep in or a decent coupe and a tent.

Last edited:
1)Volkswagen Beetle
Volkswagen_Beetle_.jpg

(It would be excellent if the car used could be one that pressurized the windshield washer fluid with the spare tire and a situation could arise in which the spare tire would be needed and be empty.)

vs. Volkswagen Beetle

Volkswagen.beetle.new.750pix.jpg

(which of course is just a VW Golf, only worse)

vs. Volkswagen Beetle
2012-volkswagen-beetle-inline-back-view.jpg

(which is just trying too hard to attract male buyers)

I see this as something that would have to, as was done in Botswana, show how well the original Beetle can go off road. It could also include practicality issues, along with a discussion about price, and a dissection of the reasons that someone bought the original Beetle, the previous New Beetle, and would/should buy the newest Beetle.

Edit: Just to take things to another level of Beetle, the music could be songs by The Beatles.

Further Edit: It could be funny if the original Beetle had an Iron Cross and a swastika painted on it (which could be done by two of the presenters to annoy the third presenter).

Even Further Edit: This could also include a visit to the Tatra Museum. :)

2) Allow this motorcycle cop to use a new Hayabusa to prove that a Hayabusa can accelerate 0-60mph in less than 3 seconds (which is also faster than a Nissan GT-R).

:lol:
article-1212923-065F3EC1000005DC-331_634x422.jpg

3) I have no idea what could be done with this, but for some time I've thought about mentioning that, in the United States, for the past seven or eight years, it has become very popular to put 24" and 26" wheels on full-sized American cars, particularly the Chevy Caprice.

Edit: Apparently, 30"s are the new 26"s

[video=youtube;uZ-jXZ8CdlE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ-jXZ8CdlE[/video]

Edit Again: I was wrong, 40"s are the new 30"s

Last edited: