Top Gear Show/Site Suggestions

Each one of the 3 takes what they believe is the world's WORST car in their opinion, the one they hate the most, and go on a roadtrip to see if they can warm up to the cars now that they (the guys) are older. Doesn't need to be an epic location, I think a drive around England itself would be nice :)

PS: James would certainly drive a Beetle :D

Last edited:
Each one of the 3 takes what they believe is the world's WORST car in their opinion, the one they hate the most, and go in a roadtrip to see if they can warm up to the cars now that they (the guys) are older. Doesn't need to be an epic location, I think a drive around England itself would be nice :)

I wonder if Richard would stick with his opinion on the Nissan Sunny. It's been nine years since he made that declaration, and he's bound to have changed his mind since then.

That being said, this premise was the first quarter or so of TGAUS's version of the Ashes special, and it turned out surprisingly good. It's definitely worth seeing TGUK's take on it.

What about a resurrection of the Top Gear Awards? There hasn't been one since 2009 which is a shame since it's always amusing (the Thong/Thonk-girl and the general bantering when one of the three doesn't agree with the others), but please without too much scripting. :)
And the Cool Wall has to get an update, too, since there are many new cool (and uncool) cars out there since it was last featured.

The Mexico Challenge

The Mexico Challenge

How about "The Mexico Challenge". Start at Guatemala and head north to eventually cross the U.S. border, Navigating through illegal drug country, avoiding corrupt police and government officials, while trying to not be recognized as the TV show that referred to Mexicans as "lazy". I'd be open as to what type of vehicles they use. Preferable they'd drive vehicles very expensive and flashy, like a Rolls, Bentley, Aston. High profile vehicles that don't fit in would add more excitement as they'd also have to avoid being kidnapped.

How about "The Mexico Challenge". Start at Guatemala and head north to eventually cross the U.S. border, Navigating through illegal drug country, avoiding corrupt police and government officials, while trying to not be recognized as the TV show that referred to Mexicans as "lazy". I'd be open as to what type of vehicles they use. Preferable they'd drive vehicles very expensive and flashy, like a Rolls, Bentley, Aston. High profile vehicles that don't fit in would add more excitement as they'd also have to avoid being kidnapped.

A while back, there was a dumbass who recommended virtually the same thing for TGUSA so that the hosts "would be shot at". It was an idea of a moron then and it's the idea of a moron now. Besides, it would never happen. There's no insurance company in the world, not even Lloyd's, that would cover the cast and crew for this.

How about expanding upon the motor racing segment by dedicating a special to it? The presenters would each choose a racing series that they can get into on the cheap. Then, they would have to buy and modify cars to not only race in the series they selected, but to be street-legal to get TO their specific races.

Then, the two presenters who aren't driving in the race would be required to be the repair crew for the one who is. That could be interesting.

That won't happen for a few years. The F-Type was just announced. And why would you throw in a piece of shit along with a Jaaaaaag and a Boxster?

2) A test of the new Ford Fusion in the US to see what it is like before it becomes the new Ford Mondeo

Except that the power train of the Mondeo will be drastically different from the one in the Fusion, as will the suspension. You're dealing with two different cars with the same body.

The F-Type is due for a 2013 launch. The Boxster is really not much of a competitor for the F-Type, but I threw it in because it is new. The F-Type seems to be more positioned to target the base 911. I put the 1M in because it has a straight six (like a large number of classic British sports cars), and because Clarkson seemed to like it during his review of the car. If the F-Type ends up with a 380hp V6, it should be much more capable than either of those cars.

The Mondeo will most likely have a different engine, though I don't know that for certain. The suspension may be different, though I think that's unlikely. The Fusion/Mondeo is part of the new "One Ford," as is the Focus.

Edit: While I'm addressing comments made about my previous posts, I may as well include that the '98 Supra actually had more horsepower, but was no faster in acceleration tests. The '98 was also limited in its availability in the US. In the US the '96 was an automatic only car due to emission regulations and, because of this, was slower in acceleration tests... So, I was wrong.

Last edited:
Isn't the soon-to-be-relaunched (if it hasn't been already) Taurus (US) = Mondeo (UK)?

Last edited:
Ahhh, gotcha. :thumbsup:

For season 19 I'd like to see BMW M5 vs Mercedes CLS 63 AMG vs Porsche Panamera Turbo, James May visits Davidsfarm and Top Gear UK vs Top Gear USA.

I don't recall them having visited Baltic countries like Latvia etc. recently, so maybe they could go there? Really any place where they travel tends out to be a good segment (apart from India >_> ). Maybe a segment in the American/Canadian Rocky Mts might be good with great driving roads.

Australia might be good too since the trio haven't been there and some cool challenges can be set up in the outback. Richard's fear of insects will be fun to watch with scorpions around :).

I also want them to go back to the "Faster than an Evo" challenge and try again seriously this time around :p.

Additionally, as a general suggestion, I want them to focus more on supercars.

I have to agree with Australia.

Aside from bugs, you have a tough climate, insane utes, the love of caravaning, some great stretches of roads, some quality godawful-city-driving opportunities, good scenery, interesting native personalities and plenty of points on which Clarkson could offend the locals.

Put them in iconic Aussie cars - May in an old Sandman, Hammond in a Commodore and Clarkson in a Falcon. Hilarity ensues.

I have to agree with Australia.

Aside from bugs, you have a tough climate, insane utes, the love of caravaning, some great stretches of roads, some quality godawful-city-driving opportunities, good scenery, interesting native personalities and plenty of points on which Clarkson could offend the locals.

Put them in iconic Aussie cars - May in an old Sandman, Hammond in a Commodore and Clarkson in a Falcon. Hilarity ensues.

Even better: Top Gear Ashes Challenge Round 2.

Better still: Top Gear Revolutionary War. The boys versus Adam, Tanner & Rutledge. Venue: Yorktown, Virginia, taking advantage of nearby Langley Speedway.