Top Gear slammed for promoting ?unfashionable clothing?

Gibby

Car(s)
Ford Fiesta ST & Triumph TR7
Saw this on NewsBiscuit and thought a couple of people on here might want to have a read:

The presenters of hit BBC show Top Gear have been slammed by broadcasting watchdogs for scenes showing Jeremy Clarkson and James May wearing hideously out of date clothing which ?could be seen to glamorise the attire of the eighties?.

The presenters were seen wearing jackets with jeans, cowboy boots and an excessive amount of tucked-in denim while travelling around the West Midlands for last summer?s Top Gear: cut and shunt special.

The BBC Trust?s editorial standards committee upheld a complaint from a viewer and ruled that ?The scenes of the presenters looking like ELO?s roadies were not editorially justified in the context of a family show pre-watershed?. The broadcasting watchdog added: ?This programme was broadcast before the watershed, and some children might regard the presenters as role models. In this context the combination of thinning hair and baggy crumpled shirts could be seen to glamorise some highly inappropriate fashion.

This is the second time that Top Gear have come under fire for their clothing. Last year an oncoming driver crashed his car after his view was dazzled by the brightness of James May?s Paisley shirt.

Source: CLICK ME

WTF? PMSL, ROFLMAO, :lol: etc etc etc . Nice one whoever came up with that idea. Puts all those moaning Daily Mail readers and Lentillistas into perspective.

ALERT! ALERT! ALERT! IRONY WARNING! IRONY WARNING! DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS THREAD UNLESS YOU UNDERSTAND THE IRONY IN THE ORIGINAL POST. SEVERE EMBARASSMENT MAY RESULT FROM FAILING TO HEED THIS WARNING!

Last edited:
Yes, because every show must promote commerce and needless spending. Heaven forbid people stop buying crap in the name of "fashion" because they don't give a toss or just want to be comfortable.

This thread actually crashed by brain by draining 1,843 swearwords at the same time. :?

People will need to be shot in the face here ... Blind?

*levers a .44 Magnum round into the chamber*

I'm on it.

That HAS to be a joke...

EDIT: read some more on that site, it is a joke, thank god...

This thread actually crashed by brain by draining 1,843 swearwords at the same time. :?

People will need to be shot in the face here ... Blind?

More to the point, Herr Interceptor, Io has completely missed the IRONY of the original post. It's not a widely used comic device in some parts of the world so I suggest he may be forgiven for so doing.

In other news:

chinaricebagfallenoverxn8.jpg

More to the point, Herr Interceptor, Io has completely missed the IRONY of the original post. It's not a widely used comic device in some parts of the world so I suggest he may be forgiven for so doing.
Sorry Matt, I have read your post five times, but I have no idea what you're on about. :blink:

And can we still shoot somebody in the face, just for the sake of it? Puuullleeeeeeeeeeezzzeee???

Last edited:
:lol: Anything to bitch about Top Gear. Who gives a rats ass about what the guys have on? Besides this bunch of people with no lives.

With some of the fucked up complaints we have seen about Top Gear (including criticisms of May's and Jezza's wardrobe choices), nothing surprises me anymore.

Irony doesn't work when it just blends in with reality.

/me whispers at a random passerby: Did he just refer to himself in the plural?

/me whispers at a random passerby: Did he just refer to himself in the plural?

I think that it might just have been the Royal "We". Like the Queen uses.

And no, I'm not suggesting Blind Io is a queen, royal or otherwise! ;)

Geez, a guy just wants to feel pretty once in a while next thing you know the vicious rumors start.

/it was the collective "we" - as in "we, here at FinalGear."

Last edited:
*puts on barney costume*

Here Blind..erm... gordon... take this crowbar. Be careful and try not to lose this one, I don't have many more you know.

+rep to anyone that gets the reference.

Nah, I meant which specific HL and moment is that from :p