Top Gear Special to be shown in High Definition

Does he still watermark all his videos across the top with that huge, distracting "RIPPED BY JABBA" tag? Fuck that guy.
No, but it's "My very first encode, so I guess tons of room for improvement."

http://img442.imageshack.**/img442/7500/vlcsnap912378ko7.th.png

According to the comments on HDbits, it looks a bit soft.

Also:

themono said:
good job jabba for your first x264 encode. I remember you from years ago at jabbasworld downloading horrible wmv versions of top gear back in the day before bitorrent. I can't believe it's the same jabba!!

:lol:

So which would you say is better, quality wise, Jabba's, or Final Gear's. Also, is there a way to get a invite to HDBits?
The rip we torrented isn't ours -- it's from the Scene, BiA group to be specific.

And pretty much no way to get an invite as they are at their max users and have already raised them twice in the last few months...

No, but it's "My very first encode, so I guess tons of room for improvement."

http://img442.imageshack.**/img442/7500/vlcsnap912378ko7.th.png

According to the comments on HDbits, it looks a bit soft.

Also:

:lol:

haha...its strange to c a comment from a person who goes to extreme length to make his own rips of TG who prolly knows the difficulties of the actual proces and then make a fag ass comment like selecting some random comment relating to 5 years old rips (which might I add started this whole TG craze)...THEN not mentioning the 5 star rating he has on HDBITS (only 4 coming from me Lemieux66) and all the other +ive comments there...THEN saying this before watching it yourself before handing out your own dickless opinion about it...THEN release another rip, not your own, much MUCH later, in fact last...lol, ;) hutman...so in closing FUCK YOU

Last edited:
Will it absolutely not work in Media Player 11?

edit: I tried it in media player classic anyway, and there is no picture or audio. Ffdshow and Matroska codec pack are installed.

Don't think it will play on WMP 11.

It's possible the codec pack is interfering with playback on MP Classic. I'd suggest a clean install of just ffdshow:

1. Uninstall Matroska codec pack (Do a re-start and try playing it at this point, maybe you'll get lucky. If not, continue to step 2)

2. Uninstall ffdshow
3. Run Crap Cleaner on your registry (back up the registry first). Crap Cleaner is free and can be downloaded here: http://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/
4. Shutdown & restart
5. Install all updates for your video card & windows
6. Download & install the latest version of ffdshow
7. Restart your PC. It should then play.

Last edited:
Once you go HD, you can never go back. Hopefully this is just the start.

haha...its strange to c a comment from a person who goes to extreme length to make his own rips of TG who prolly knows the difficulties of the actual proces and then make a fag ass comment like selecting some random comment relating to 5 years old rips (which might I add started this whole TG craze)...THEN not mentioning the 5 star rating he has on HDBITS (only 4 coming from me Lemieux66) and all the other +ive comments there...THEN saying this before watching it yourself before handing out your own dickless opinion about it...THEN release another rip, not your own, much MUCH later, in fact last...lol, ;) hutman...so in closing FUCK YOU

Uhm, whatever the fuck you are trying to say, it doesn't matter. Account locked.

haha...its strange to c a comment from a person who goes to extreme length to make his own rips of TG who prolly knows the difficulties of the actual proces

Did I say I could do better? No. :rolleyes: I wouldn't even know where to begin on how to record and encode an episode of Top Gear.

I was simply saying what was said about the rip over on HDBits as people had asked about the rip. Nothing more.

Alright, if this doesn't work, I don't think anything will.

This is a download link for the Combined Community Codec Pack. Auto installer. This has like every codec imaginable.

Last edited:
Codec packs are bad IMO. Having so many codecs really can make them not play well together.

Alright, if this doesn't work, I don't think anything will.

This is a download link for the Combined Community Codec Pack. Auto installer. This has like every codec imaginable.

This is actually what I downloaded, which made it work in Media Player 11. Whilst the picture is mostly fine, the audio goes very badly out of sync which leads me to think my system can't even cope with 720p :(

So what happened to Vuk and his rips of Top Gear for us?

So what happened to Vuk and his rips of Top Gear for us?
I told him not to worry about Fifth Gear as the Scene puts out rips faster than him and they are the same size / quality.

As for Top Gear, he's MIA. I haven't talked to him in probably months. :(