Top Gear spotted in Beitost?len, Norway

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurthest

Car(s)
2008 BMW 335i Coupe (e92)
So, it appears the Top Gear crew came to Norway for some filming today.

http://translate.google.com/transla....klikk.no/motor/bil/article645155.ece&act=url

Google Translate does a poor job at translating, but hopefully you'll understand the essence of it.

It seems they are making a segment showing how easy tractors can be converted into plows, making the realities of winter easier on the british motorists :)

Wish I'd heard about it in advance, as its only a 2.5 hour drive from here.

Last edited:
I wish James would get rid of that bloody hat

So, it appears the Top Gear crew came to Norway for some filming today.

From the article:

Time 1:50 on Friday night arrived Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May Beitost?len.

Who is James May Beitost?len? :p

From the article:

Time 1:50 on Friday night arrived Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May Beitost?len.

Who is James May Beitost?len? :p

I guess Google translate have no knowledge of grammar, and just translates word by word :)

I hope that absolutely none of this show is based on this article by Jamie Corstorphine. Any Yankee can tell you that his "summer tires" are actually all season radials, and that if you plow the public streets with your private vehicle you can get into BIG trouble.

I hope that absolutely none of this show is based on this article by Jamie Corstorphine. Any Yankee can tell you that his "summer tires" are actually all season radials, and that if you plow the public streets with your private vehicle you can get into BIG trouble.

that article said:
But the compromise with summer tyres comes in braking and lateral grip. Good though the Range Rover?s traction management is, when you?re trying to stop 2800kgs you need all the purchase you can get.

According to the Land Rover Experience instructors the key in these conditions is actually to speed up to regain control. Which seems like trying to defeat gravity, but to a point it works.

Have trouble braking in a Land Rover? Try speeding up.

Saw it on VG.no and had to come here and see if someone else had mentioned it :p But yes, this is the 4th time they are in Norway, that's awesome :D And the snowplow looks badass!

Interview with Jezza, Rich and James :)

Last edited:
Jeremy mentioned Albania, so I went on the internet and found that luxury cars part was filmed there.

TOP%20GEAR%20me%20ALBARENT%202.jpg

I don't read Norwayish. Does it say anything about a dragster crash? ;)

Just watched the video. "It's a country like Iceland that isn't bankrupt!" :lmao:

Then Clarkson's face appearing at the end? :roflmao:

Someone needs to do a gif of that.

Last edited:
A lot of new things in norwegian media today about the stig, they are doing a heavy PR-job to get topgear live in Oslo to be sold out. Therefor, the stig did some laps in a ferrari 458 with some journalists and a famous norwegian TVhost.

The journalist wrote about it, and also gave some clues about who the stig can be (gender, age etc):
http://www.dagbladet.no/2011/02/18/tema/motor/bil/klikk/15489829/ (use google translate if u wanna know ;) )

there was also a 3 min segment on the tv show tonight with the tv-host trying to interview the stig, but ofcourse he failes because the stig cant talk. I will try to find the clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.