TOP GEAR STARTS FILMING AGAIN

I read this in the Sun this morning. I love Top Gear and can't wait for it to return, but I hope the guys are just completing filming for the postponed series so that it's all in the can for when Hammond comes back.
Ok it might mean waiting a few months (his surgeon actually said he'll be back to his old self WITHIN 4 - 6 months), but seeing as the poor bloke's been to death's door and back, I personally don't mind hanging on till he's back.
I just feel very touched by this whole thing, and also, although I like clarkson, I don't think he has come out of this very well. It seems as though he was concerned for the show's future, rather than for Hammond.
I joined this site just to see what other Top Gear fans think?

Clarkson has Hammonds health and interests at the top of his priorities, He's his best friend! He wants to keep the show hammond loves going and i'm sure the news that they have resumed filming has delighted hammond as much as it has us on this site.

I don't for one miniute think that clarkson was more concerned about his show than for hammond, it's unimaginable and i'm sure everyone here would agree.

How do you know he's his best friend? I hope you are right and I hope they are going ahead with filming only because they know Hammond will recover and return to Top Gear - otherwise I'm not comfortable with them doing this while he is still hopitalized

hmmm....Hammond and his wife were made aware that filming had resumed....sounds like a nice,personal touch!

Wohoo! :clap: :dance: :woot:

Its great if it means Hammonds recovered enough for the others to feel they can go filming. If not, then sorry, but I still think the timing's wrong. The poor guy's still in hospital, after all.
I hope too, that he was "made aware" they were doing this, in person - It just seems like "oh well - youre alive so we'll all just carry on as normal, never mind the fact that he's still fighting to regain his health.
Sorry if I sound like a crackpot but this is just the way I feel

Oh well - cynical old me is obviously the only one that feels this way.....

I believe niether of us know what's Hammond's state any better then the production team who I'm sure were in contact with RH and made sure what you describe is not the case. Hell if I was him I'd push them into it just for that slight chance of not having the show to come back to....

Chaps. We read your stuff in the office of course, and we don't reply because it's fun to watch you all speculate.

The thing is though that I was a bit mortified to hear that some of you think I care about the show more than Hammond's health. I don't. The show would would be worth shit if Richard was never going to get better. But he is.

And heaving learned that, we decided to get everything in the can before the weather closes in. Which it did actually, at about 1pm.

Please don't think we've jumped the gun. We really haven't. We just want to make sure that when the series does come back on TV - and that will be when Richard is in perfect health - everything is ready.

jeremy clarkson said:
Chaps. We read your stuff in the office of course, and we don't reply because it's fun to watch you all speculate.

The thing is though that I was a bit mortified to hear that some of you think I care about the show more than Hammond's health. I don't. The show would would be worth shit if Richard was never going to get better. But he is.

And heaving learned that, we decided to get everything in the can before the weather closes in. Which it did actually, at about 1pm.

Please don't think we've jumped the gun. We really haven't. We just want to make sure that when the series does come back on TV - and that will be when Richard is in perfect health - everything is ready.

Celebrities aren't allowed to use the internet.

nothing on the telly tonight, jezza? :lol:

I'd like to take this opportunity to state how suprised I am that nobody had taken the username "jeremy clarkson" until now. :lol:

Anyway, I agree that it's obvious they halted filming until Hammond's health was in the clear, there's really no reason to hold off now that we know he's going to be OK.

Besides, I'm sure Richard is happy that his accident isn't stopping the show dead in its tracks. I think this is Jeremy and the crew's way of saying, "It's OK, the show will go on, the Guardinaists haven't won yet!"

As for whether that's actually Jeremy who posted... I don't know. I somehow imagined that if he ever posted here, he would be making fun of us for trying so hard to uncover the Stig's identity, or something. :lol:

jeremy clarkson said:

I would love to register the name James May right about now, if you are who you say you are, make a reference to this site in the show. No matter how small it is, or mention the fact you registered to this board to spill your guts. But, since i'm not a complete ignorant idiot, i'd say your full of shit.

Some more proof? Aight!

Since you "read our stuff" at the office, why have you never mentioned anything about all our donations and surprises planned for Richard?

Just my 2 cents "Jezza" :lol:

You sir, should get an own identity before trying to make one.

Fraud in first degree, you're an ass!

but james may would be quite a difficult assignment...as jezza you only need to shout POWERR! as hammond you only need to shout NANANANA! but as james may you would have to be really witty. ;)