• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

top gear streaming video

dukenukem

i was just wasting time when i came across some guy who was streaming old top gear episodes on winamp TV....and i thought its a really cool idea...maybe someone here can od it too .....i am not sure of the legal crap involved but they wouldnt mind such a low level piracy thingy.. :D

What's cool about streaming video? :?
Doesn't that just waste bandwidth?

better than having someone host the videos and then have 100 ppl download it off his server while having his bandwidth quota get fucked........plus streaming allows u to see the videos from wherever as long as u are connected to net..

Streaming still takes up bandwidth, and it might possibly take more as people may want to watch the same vid again.

^^Exactly, plus if the downloader doesn't have a fast enough connection, it won't work at all for them.
First thing I do when I come across a streaming video that I want is try to figure out how I can download the file (even if I just want to watch it once).

let's look at streaming as viable for when the program comes on LIVE ONLY (after it's live, the current system works just as well for playing it at your lesiure).

look at the number of downloads of the episodes. then multiply that times the bitrate of each video (hell, let's just say 1/3 that number since you don't expect great quality when streaming). It doesn't take a genius to realize that it's going to be more than T1 speeds. You might get it working propery with a T3 (or limiting the connections to a T1).

If I was able to watch the show live, I personally would be willing to figure something out for those of you who would want to watch it live. The company I work for has a T1 (which for all intensive purposes I have to myself on the weekends) and I could broadcast if the IT guys were to be friendly to me. In any case...

-Prince

ESPNSTI said:
^^Exactly, plus if the downloader doesn't have a fast enough connection, it won't work at all for them.
First thing I do when I come across a streaming video that I want is try to figure out how I can download the file (even if I just want to watch it once).

me too. Streaming is crap

Sorry, but I also hate streaming.....

Let's get this straight, you REALLY hate streaming (sorry couldn't resist it :) )

While we're talking about streaming, the Beeb do a Top Gear subscription service type thing using real one (or whatever number it is these days). You pay your bucks and download it from what I can understand.

Never seen it, but I know it would be SHIT.

If I haven't mentioned it before... Thanks VUK

While I was posting that (totally uncalled for, sorry) post, I noticed that your rev counters are perfectly synchronized. NICE... 8)

At least I think they are.

I've been squinting at them for about 5 minutes now and they look spot on...

(/thinks a Civic with 2x160bhp motors, one front one back, mmmmh :wink: )

imillman said:
While I was posting that (totally uncalled for, sorry) post, I noticed that your rev counters are perfectly synchronized. NICE... 8)
ROFL

Of course they are - they are the same image and so your computer displays them at the same time. ;)

Viper007Bond said:
imillman said:
ROFL

Of course they are - they are the same image and so your computer displays them at the same time. ;)

AAAACTUALLY its all MAGIC!

back to the streaming, although it would be nice, its not a good idea, torrents are better as it costs everyone a little bandwidth and not all just the hosters here

Synaethesia said:
back to the streaming, although it would be nice, its not a good idea, torrents are better as it costs everyone a little bandwidth and not all just the hosters here

streaming is just a novelty...nothing more and surely not a substitue for torrenting

Streaming takes the same kinda bandwidth as HTTP downloads. I won't be streaming stuff off this site. ;)

i wouldnt expect u to mate. in all fairness what you are doing so far is more then me can expect :D.

and yes i missed T-gear again this week, but only did so knowing that i have you to save me, that and my gf taping it for me