Top Gear Survey - 2005

haz

I AM OT!
Car(s)
Tesla Model S 75D BMW E39 Wagon
My big question is; why don't they post the whole list?????

It seems idiotic to just have top and bottom 10! (+category winners)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

2005 Top Gear Survey - the Top 10

1: Honda S2000
2: Lexus IS200/300
3: Lexus RX300
4: Skoda Superb
5: Skoda Octavia
6: Honda Jazz
7: Honda Accord
8: Subaru Legacy
9: Skoda Fabia
10: Subaru Forester

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

2005 Top Gear Survey - the Last 10

150: Citro?n Xsara
151: Peugeot 206
152: Renault M?gane (Nov '02 on)
153: Rover 25
154: Fiat Stilo
155: Mercedes M-Class
156: Renault Laguna
157: Renault Espace
158: Peugeot 307
159: Peugeot 807

2005 Category winners

Small car: Honda Jazz
Compact car: Mazda 323
Medium car: Skoda Superb
Executive car: Lexus IS
MPV: Mazda Premacy
4x4/SUV: Lexus RX300
Sports car: Honda S2000
Super sports: Porsche 911

haz

pwnd, I guess ... well why didn't I find it then? I serached and searched .. oh well, I guess we can leave this thread open for discussion of the survey itself then.

My verdict is; as writeen on the survey "top list is Japanese, bottom is French" --> it mirrors the people I guess! The French aren't as aqurate and consistant as the Japanese ....

haz

On 07x01 top gear, they said "you can't find it on our website, but if you go to google and search for, oh, I dunno "top" and "gear" and, perhaps "survey", I think you'll find it quite handy"

:D

Dunno why they can only show the 10's lists on bbc.co.uk, but topgear.com does indeed have the full list. What makes topgear.com different? Isn't it still run by the bbc?

I can explain this. Although I warn you, it's quite tedious.

Basically, Top Gear magazine pays for the survey. It's expensive and so they feel that they own the figures. They publish them in the magazine, and on their website.

However they won't allow us to republish them in full.

Which is why we don't.

Well I must say that I pretty much agree with the survey results however #11 for hyundai and #16 for seat was a bit of surprize, yet the hyundai claimed that they had increased their built quality I still thought of it as a commercial trick. What concerns the japanese cars lithuanians often say: better car than a japanese car is only a new japanese car :) and actually I partly agree with this, as I currently own a japanese mazda and I have no problems with it so far :roll: