Top Gear Test Track Record Time OBLITERATED! (NOT a show spoiler!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
not to beat a pulverized horse, but that is too damn ugly!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Personally, when it comes to cars like this, form following function is attractive.

Off the top of my head, Farboud GTS, Westfield XTR, Palmer Jaguar and a few of track-day-gone-roadlegal vehicles can (and in case of Westfield, did) beat the laptime.

Its indeed a bit strange that Topgear chose to remove those cars from the laptime board. Ultima should be there along with others. They should stick to same rules for all cars, if they're road legal, can go over a speed bump.. then they qualify.

Rebuttal #3
Why does TG count the ariel atom and not the GTR on it's lap board?
Good question. Ask them.

;)

The Ariel Atom is even more brutal because it hasn't got a roof. Good question indeed.

Its indeed a bit strange that Topgear chose to remove those cars from the laptime board. Ultima should be there along with others. They should stick to same rules for all cars, if they're road legal, can go over a speed bump.. then they qualify.

Yup, the hypocrisy is easily seen in that they allow the Ariel Atom to stay whereas others, such as the Radical SR3, are removed.

I think the reason is to do with getting over a speedbump. That wouldn't be a problem with the Atom, but it would be with a track car that has, you know, bodywork. At least that's what seems the most likely reason.

It is, a Radical and the Westfield for that matter have tiny ground clearance, a speed bump would be impossible for them.

How much is a Ultima GTR720?
Turnkey from the factory: about ?60'000/ NOK 440'000 +various taxes* (1'600'000) = NOK 2'040'000
Do it yourself kit: about ?40'000/ NOK 661'000 +various taxes* (1'600'000) = NOK 2'261'000

*OMG social democracy FTL... :blink :mad:

Saves you about NOK 220'000 to do it yourself... :lol:

The guys know about the car and are impressed, but why haven't they had it on Top Gear?
IIRC they had the car on old Top Gear, just can't remember which episode exactly. It was Tiff reviewing the car.

Turnkey from the factory: about ?60'000/ NOK 440'000 +various taxes* (1'600'000) = NOK 2'040'000
Do it yourself kit: about ?40'000/ NOK 661'000 +various taxes* (1'600'000) = NOK 2'261'000

*OMG social democracy FTL... :blink :mad:

Saves you about NOK 220'000 to do it yourself... :lol:

ROFL.. its 40 grand in the UK new and 2m new in norway? :lol:

Hi, first time poster long long long long time viewer. Tiff drove an ultima very similar to this one in old top gear. However the car has most likely change quite a lot, JC probably thinks its not worth it. The old school styling also doesnt help either. Oh wells :>

ROFL.. its 40 grand in the UK new and 2m new in norway? :lol:
Yes, that's NOK 1,6 million straight into the norwegian state's pockets...

The norwegian finance minister, and yes, she's actually from a left wing idiot party...
Kristin_Halvorsen060_30132d.jpg

For you non-norwegians:

~2m NOK is about ?180k.

so wait...

you guys have to pay multiple times as much for the same car for no apparent reason?

(I know about taxes and stuff but) damn

^ :lmao:

Doesn't look to speed-bump worthy to me. Thanks to jeremy to dealing with this and making everyone remember that the power board is about.

Also i have another, very important question. Was the time done with a flying lap or not. Chances are that they didn't bother to do the TG format one standing timed lap

Doesn't look to speed-bump worthy to me. Thanks to jeremy to dealing with this and making everyone remember that the power board is about.

Also i have another, very important question. Was the time done with a flying lap or not. Chances are that they didn't bother to do the TG format one standing timed lap
It's got more ground clearance than a CCX...

If you look at the video, it is with a standing start.

Status
Not open for further replies.