Top Gear test track

abhishek2

Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2005
Messages
25
nice aerial view.. is this airport big enough for a 747 or something cuz i remember i saw one the other day parked behind the track..
 

No Boss

Neener, neener, I banned your title!
Joined
Oct 8, 2005
Messages
6,889
Location
Wherever the Coast Guard sends me.
Car(s)
'07 Volvo XC70 Polestar, '01 Miata SE
WooleyBooger said:

There was just another thread yesterday that got locked with this pic in it, And I said somthing about the hanger not actually having the TG logo on it. I t might have to do with the time this pic was taken, becuase the logo certainly doesnt look like CGI. Anyone know if it's really on there?
 

bone

"bangle for president"
Joined
Jan 14, 2004
Messages
16,829
Location
belgium!!
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
of course it's not there :lol:

top gear isn't even filmed in that (big) hangar ;)
 

qumber

Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2005
Messages
97
Location
Richmond Hill, Canada
bone said:
of course it's not there :lol:

top gear isn't even filmed in that (big) hangar ;)

i think top gear is filmed in that hanger..but the logo really isnt on the hanger

if u watch top gear and pause the beginning of it where they show the red cars and go to the shot of the hanger......in that transition from cars to the hanger shot u'll see the logo just magically appear on the roof.

its not really there..its put there in the introduction...


u might have to try pausing it a few times during the introduction to get the right moment where it just magically appears.
 

POWERRR!!

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2005
Messages
594
Location
Cambridge, MA
qumber said:
if u watch top gear and pause the beginning of it where they show the red cars and go to the shot of the hanger......in that transition from cars to the hanger shot u'll see the logo just magically appear on the roof.

he's right!! :shock:

tg3oz.jpg

tglogo8dk.jpg
 

bone

"bangle for president"
Joined
Jan 14, 2004
Messages
16,829
Location
belgium!!
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
qumber said:
bone said:
of course it's not there :lol:

top gear isn't even filmed in that (big) hangar ;)

i think top gear is filmed in that hanger..but the logo really isnt on the hanger

if u watch top gear and pause the beginning of it where they show the red cars and go to the shot of the hanger......in that transition from cars to the hanger shot u'll see the logo just magically appear on the roof.

its not really there..its put there in the introduction...


u might have to try pausing it a few times during the introduction to get the right moment where it just magically appears.

bbc.co.uk/topgear said it isn't filmed there

and i beleive him :)

iirc he said it was filmed in the smallest one you see in the upper right corner of your screen during the intro
 

BerserkerCatSplat

Hormone Induced
Joined
Jun 21, 2005
Messages
9,688
Location
Alberta, Canada
Car(s)
The Jeep of Theseus, Angry Wagon
vladmitu said:
:eek: That's awfull, why would they do that ?


Because that's a huge aircraft hangar, and it would probably cost them their yearly budget to paint it on there! I like it as-is, it wouldn't even look good if it was painted on...
 

SmaulzEB

New Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2006
Messages
2
I got bored and decided to throw this together in case anyone wants it. Figured it'd be an alright first-post. :)


TOPGEAR_testtrack.jpg
 

SL65

Ambitious but rubbish!
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
9,326
Location
Sydney, Australia
Car(s)
1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
Yeah that is an alright first post. Better than mine anyways :p

Looking at the map, I still can't figure out where most of Heaven & Hell was filmed. It was at the TG test track yeah??
 

SmaulzEB

New Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2006
Messages
2
LOL thanks. Don't really know about Heaven & Hell, after hearing the reviews I didn't watch it.
 

F12Bwth

Active Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2005
Messages
141
Location
NYC, USA
Finally a measurement

Finally a measurement

TestTrack.jpg



There it is.. If anyone wants to measure it themselves just type dunsford, uk on google earth, move right a smidge and go for it.. these are old pictures howver because theres no lines drawn on the track so I had to fudge it from what Ive seen.

The official track length is 1.76 miles or 9,291 feet. or 2.83 KM or even 1,664 Smoots.. whatever that is

Also the large loop around the runways measures almost exactly 3 miles.
and they lied.. the long runway from tip to tip is 1.32 miles...
 

abhishek2

Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2005
Messages
25
bartboy9891 said:
do you have the original picture of your avatar Abhishek?
the pic in my avatar is the original one but i have something which is close to it..
 

bone

"bangle for president"
Joined
Jan 14, 2004
Messages
16,829
Location
belgium!!
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
isn't there a bend before hammerhead as well?

there are 2 where they suffer understeer, hammerhead and the other one (which comes before hammerhead)
 

F12Bwth

Active Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2005
Messages
141
Location
NYC, USA
Yeah its the one all the way up there.. the turn before hammerhead.. they edit the runs so it looks like it happens right there but if YOU time the runs youll see the 1:30 seconds happens in 0:35 sometimes..
 
Top