Top Gear The Worst Car in The History of The World DVD & Blue-ray

They made a point to show the address on the car's invoice and made no effort to blur it, I'm sure that's a nugget, perhaps Bill Oddie's address, who knows.

You need to have asked in the Britisms thread on this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acacia_Avenue

Something like "88 Acacia Avenue" (the address on the British equivalent of the title to the SC430) is the British equivalent of "88 Main Street" here in the States.

I enjoyed it, apart from the odd ending. As a northerner I liked that they were in Yorkshire although I didn't understand why? T' Stig was funny though.

Also Jezza, what's wrong with Whitby? :mad: He seemed so cynical when describing it, it's a lovely place!

Last edited:
Does anyone remember which series/episode it was when they originally proclaimed SC430 to be the worst car ever? It was at least 5-6 years ago.
It was Series 2, Episode 3.

Well, I enjoyed it, but not as much as I thought I would. Oddly, I preferred the "Bond cars" special more.

Anyhow, if you think of it as an extended Top Gear film in a given episode (why haven't they done a film on the "worst car?" Would have been great fodder), then it was solid. Yes, a little cocking about (it was not that bad, people), and some silliness, but overall, it was about the cars. And they took some time to review some great cars, past and present, as well. I give it a solid 7.

Panda1.jpg

I would still buy a Mondial, or a GTV6...

I have a corolla, Boring, true. But worst? far far far from there. Good built quality, and fuel economy is good enough for not include it in the worst car list

I realise this is not the place to post this comment but I've just discovered this forum and I think the "What's that song" section is amazing. However I've been waiting for a new thread for the worst car in the world episode because I reeeally have to know what the name is of the piano piece playing from 29:32. Can anyone help me? Here is the episode on youtube

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5MXeP4rsEU[/video]

Top Gear The Worst Car in The History of The World DVD & Blue-ray

I know top gear must have a big budget but wreaking what appears a fairly new panda? Think they bought it or took a development model off fiat? Being from Canada I have no idea what the market for panda are but I imagine new one equates to at least 8000$

Actually, being a bit picky, the Panda was on a 55 plate, making it 7 years old. A car can be a bit of a knacker after 7 years!

I checked possible prices on priceanycar.com, and their suggested prices for a 55 Panda were:

From a private seller, expect to pay between ?1,600 and ?2,150
If selling in part exchange, expect to receive ?1,200.

I imagine in Top Gear funding terms, that must be a pretty small budget.

Yeah, trashing what *looks* like a perfectly good car makes me wince a bit, too - but it could well have been a complete POS or even have been gutted for spares.

I'm kinda surprised how much I liked this one. I was prepared for it to be not-awesome, but it was actually pretty good. The stone lions were pretty weird.

Panda is a Dynamic and worth ?1500 minimum.
Unless that nearside rear is already demolished and lets assume they destroyed an already broken Panda. :cry:

First post so hello!! The house at the end of the dvd is in Blackwell village near Darlington.I know this because I was their postman for 5 years

They will also have owned the two cars James trashed parking the Saab.

One question is bugging me, though. What the hell is Lennon and McCartney's "Egg Man"?

I know the lyrics to "I Am The Walrus", by the way.

I'm presuming they didn't like the song.

I don't think for a moment they ever destroy a car unless it's a knacker, no matter how it looks from the angle they shoot it. C'mon, do you really think they would mindlessly destroy a viable car?

Agreed about the parking with the Saab, btw.

Don't forget that they destroyed a perfectly good Rolls Royce and a Jaguar XJS in the India special, so an old Panda doesn't bother me at all.