Top Gear The Worst Car in The History of The World DVD & Blue-ray

I would've voted for the other of the final two options.

I would have voted for one the very first two cars they tested at the beginning...and i would've added a Moskvitch to that worst car of history "trifecta"

PS: JC and May say the Peugeot 308 is rubbish. Here in Argentina most people can only afford 207s which aren't 207 actually, but more like a 206+ build here, with nasty plastics and very poor crash test results. In comparison, an european 308 is even luxurious :lol:

I thought it was great, especially for a Christmas DVD. Luckily, there weren't any over the top stunts and they drove a really large number of great and rubbish cars. The LFA sounds simply amazing. Also the production quality seemed quite high, the filming and editing was well done.

Last edited:
When they say that the LFA's biggest problem is the Nissan GT-R, they have to realize that the same can be said about all other supercars.

Clarkson and May, finding the world's worst car, by driving the world's best cars....<_<

The whole production seemed a little short on ideas. There were several times throughout that I wondered if they would EVER get back to the original idea. The entire film became a collection of tangents. "We're looking for the worst car ever, and now for a 10-minute discussion about why this isn't it..."

I found myself wandering off to check e-mail, my phone, etc. while this was playing, which I've never done during my first viewing of anything Top Gear.

That was a nice way to spend an hour and a bit. It could have been way longer, they did not even touch all the awful cars.

Was that really Richard's house?

Great bit of unserious television.

I was wondering how long the tangent of beating on the other guy's cars was gonna go, but the combo of JC and May is great, so it was fun all the way through.

Their final pick wasn't necessarily the most awful car ever, but who cares.

I really enjoyed it, and it put a smile on my face 3 times.

Last edited:
Was that really Richard's house?

No. The house here looks rather suburban. Richard has a lot of land with his farm in Ross. You can see his big garage in Miracles of Nature (including a cameo by Oliver), and he needs somewhere to park his helicopter (a Robinson R44, viz. the latest episode of Crash Course). The 'Stang, though, may be his.

I don't suppose anyone knows any of the music used throughout the film?

I was just about to write the same thing! :)

It would be really really REALLY nice to start a new topic in the "What's that song?" with this episode's music. It was that good! And I desperately want to find out what were the titles of few of those tracks that they used...

Last edited:
One, it's not an episode. It's the annual Christmas DVD.

Because of that, two, all the music would be stock music from somewhere like Extreme Music.

If you didn't like this you must watch Top Gear for some reason OTHER than the cars. This DVD special was chocked full of cars and nothing but cars and for that I loved it. Yes, there were some parts that were sort of boring or pointless, but it was 100% cars.

Does anyone remember which series/episode it was when they originally proclaimed SC430 to be the worst car ever? It was at least 5-6 years ago.

Does anyone remember which series/episode it was when they originally proclaimed SC430 to be the worst car ever? It was at least 5-6 years ago.

Oh, more than that. Try 02x03.

No. The house here looks rather suburban. Richard has a lot of land with his farm in Ross. You can see his big garage in Miracles of Nature (including a cameo by Oliver), and he needs somewhere to park his helicopter (a Robinson R44, viz. the latest episode of Crash Course). The 'Stang, though, may be his.

They made a point to show the address on the car's invoice and made no effort to blur it, I'm sure that's a nugget, perhaps Bill Oddie's address, who knows.

Also the top on the Mustang was up when they first snuck in and was down when they "stole" it.