Top Gear to axe train stunt (shown in next ep)

i don't like living in a world where if i sneeze it can be taken the wrong way, but that's how it seems these days. at least you folks overseas don't have to worry about going to a golf course and hitting someone with your ball and getting sued. i mean com'mon... if i say something and even if it was an accident, it's going to get pointed out these days, i mean you can't make a small mistake without choking on it right away because someone was offended by the slightest thing. for example, we get BET here in canada, the letters stand for Black Entertainment Television. now if someone was to start WET (never mind that it says wet, just using this as an example...) there would be a huge outcry if BET didn't exist. why must we live in a society where we have to walk on eggshells for everyone else? take your shots at me... I'll survive, i'll move on, it's just life, we only live it once.

It's okay to show the video, in my view, as long as they get an ok from the next of kind.

That isn't political correctness, which I hate about as much as people who ignore history, that's just my sense of fairness.

does anybody have a link to the story that makes this weeks episode possibly "politically incorrect" i haven't heard anything about it over here, no idea whats special about this group of people getting hit by a train

That is a good idea..
In israel, we have a lot of suicides.. i have even witnessed a few..an no attention..
however no attention to normal accidents..
Being sued sucks

^ Israel seem not to be top of the list tho'. Top prize seems to got to those easy going Eastern Europeans :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate

Israel seems to have about the same rate (a little less actually) as the UK, a surprise to me is Ireland being so high up, now they, generally, are easy going bunch.

Someone died in a car crash yesterday here in Australia. QUICKLY, BAN CARS!

I really hope they air the episode as said before seeing a car smashed to bits by a train will get the message across better than any safety campaign.

While we are at this... was the accident in scotland a suicide or an accident?
Over here suicides get zero attention and I mean zero attention in the media, nobody speaks about it. In '05 I stood at full train station during rush hour and someone jumped in front of the train inside the fucking station, maybe 15m away from me and there was nothing in the media. The station was half closed for 3h and I couldn't get home. So in essence if it was a suicide they have to continue, you may never bow down to such idiots. And if it wasn't a suicide you always air this as a public information video to insure that this won't happen again. ;)

I'm afraid I have no sympathy for anyone who feels they have the right to take others with them or deliberately decides to put others through witnessing their suicide. Sadly suicides on railway lines are quite common here in the UK and I really feel sorry for the poor drivers who are helpless to do anything about it. If people choose to take their life in private then that is very sad, if they choose to do it making a spectacle they are nothing but disturbed attention seekers IMO.

Compared to Japan the problem in the UK is insignificant. Despite the fact that the deceased's family are made to foot the bill, people regularly jump in front of trains causing absolute havoc. Several times I was held up for a few hours on the way home as a result.

Show it with the theam "why you should race a train."

I fell sorry for the boys family and if proven the lights where fine - and he was just driving like an arse he should be done for man slauter.

On the other had if somthing was wrong and he couldnt see the light then fair play get somthing done about it.

Compared to Japan the problem in the UK is insignificant. Despite the fact that the deceased's family are made to foot the bill, people regularly jump in front of trains causing absolute havoc. Several times I was held up for a few hours on the way home as a result.

I can imagine Japan, especially Tokyo to be quite a crushing and unforgiving city. Jumping in front of trains seems to be such a dramatic way to die. If I felt like suicide I'd jump off a tall building.

From my point of view Japan seems like an awesome country, but I guess that's because it's good for tourists.

I say enough of this taking things out because of events. Top gear was not saying that everyone should stand on a trainline but was mearly having some light hearted fun.

Thats dumb, a person was hit by a commuter train yesterday here in Calgary. This is a public safety message, what will the BBC do if someone gets hit by a train after this weeks show when they dont air the train bit?

so yeah, what was the original story and why was it so bad?

what are they showing instead?

I knew it wasn't going to be shown when I switched on at 7.59 the find bloody Ray bloody Mears roasting a pig or his leg or something.

I can't believe this :( Seeing as they're pre-recorded could they not have swapped the episodes round and put the train episode on in a couple of weeks time, even if there were a couple of out of place references to unbroadcast shows due to changing the order I'd rather that than wasting it.