Top Gear to axe train stunt (shown in next ep)

I liked the look of Ray Mears' pig meat actually - yum yum. Yes they seem to have cut 6 minutes out of TG or there abouts.

I can't believe this :( Seeing as they're pre-recorded could they not have swapped the episodes round and put the train episode on in a couple of weeks time, even if there were a couple of out of place references to unbroadcast shows due to changing the order I'd rather that than wasting it.
The in-studio links are recorded in the week before broadcast. They didn't have another show to swap in.

They recorded next week's studio bits at the same time as this week's because Jeremy and Richard are doing MPH in South Africa next week so they couldn't record on wednesday as usual. I guess they could of quite easily swaped the eps around

all you people ever do is complain, for peets sake

i still don't even know why this train accident was contriversial

Last edited:
You've got to be kidding me? It must be appearing later.. hopefully. I doubt TG or even the BBC would do that. But that said, I know shit all about the BBC! :p

yep looks like the express and the star were correct.... train segment was a no show :(

The stunt was first pulled due to some teenagers in Scotand being killed in a very similar way to the stunt. The recent crash was a derailment.

Quite odd really, the stunt was pulled last time due to a train accident, and now another train accident has occurred but they now want to show it...

Correction - they pulled it over a small accident, and have now apparently put it in after a MEGA accident...

Correction - they pulled it over a small accident, and have now apparently put it in after a MEGA accident...

However the circumstances of the crash were very different. The other thing to note is that this isn't really a Top Gear stunt like all the others, this was "created" by Network Rail as a genuine information film. After a recent accident involving people being hit by a train, I would say it is more important than ever. Especially as half the kids around today don't seem to realise that being hit by a few hundred tonnes of speeding aluminium won't just hurt a bit, it might actually kill you.

According to the BBC News site, this is on tonight. No link as yet when one is available I will post it here.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6394845.stm

Quote from that news story:

"Carol Bell, vice-chair of the Safe Trains Action Group said: "I'm not sure it's a good idea. I do understand the programme itself has been through something like this with Richard Hammond".

Not really, love: that train fell off the track at 95mph. Richard - in a jet-powered car - went off the runway at 288mph. Not at all similar. I'll put your name in the 'I Have Never Watched Top Gear, But What The Hell, I'll Give You My Opinion On The Show Anyway' list. there's no charge.

Same person - more stupidity:

"But there's a poor woman who's lost her life, and her family is still injured. I just think it's a bit insensitive at the moment".

Do you think they will be watching Top Gear then? 'Gran's dead. Oh well, let's see what those big kids are up to this week - the scamps'! If we took every television programme off air to avoid being "insensitive", there would be **** all left on. Grow up, you sanctimonious bint.

I understand that both crashes had rather different circumstances, but this hasn't prevented complaints over the timing in conjunction with the recent crash it seems.

Let's face it if someone had fallen off their bike, someone would say TG were being insensitive. Some people seem to enjoy complaining about Top Gear, clearly these people have nothing better to do.

only 1 person has died in the latest crash. a combo of a brave driver and richard branson spending the cash on modern safe trains has ensured that the toll wasnt any higher.

train derailed at about 95mph. after some dodgy points on the west coast mainline which apparently has had ?10billion spent on it.

i mean honestly they cant put if off anylonger else there'll be no shows to show it in, and its not really the same type of accident.

Let's face it if someone had fallen off their bike, someone would say TG were being insensitive. Some people seem to enjoy complaining about Top Gear, clearly these people have nothing better to do.

alot of these people also browse this forum too.

i mean honestly they cant put if off anylonger else there'll be no shows to show it in, and its not really the same type of accident.

putting this on the show might save lives... therefore I can't see any reason why it should not go on.