Top Gear to Film in New Zealand

...and there is a Spoilers-subforum for those who don't want to know everything in advance...

Not really a spoiler more a notification. plus cant access spoilers for some reason

That's quite interesting, I'm almost tempted to drive up and have a look but it's a 4 hour drive to get there and they might not be shooting (or even there) when I arrive.

That first article is wholly inaccurate at the end. Top Gear isn't factual.

Hey all, long time Top Gear watcher and also long time stalker of these forums. Finally made an account after years!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/8416398/Protesters-and-tourists-but-no-Top-Gear

Hate the iwi here. Always want something for nothing. Whenever money is to be made or something that is going to gain media attention happens, they always stick their nose in. We get a lot of our electricity via water, and they try to claim money saying it's their water we're using. They even tried that with air as we have lots of windmills, saying we are using their air/wind so they must automatically have rights to the money made. Now going on the beach, read that article, they are just trying to be difficult, blaming Jeremy even though the BBC are the ones organizing it, and believe you me, if they were offered money to use "their" beach, they would stop protesting straight away.

(could a moderator add this to my last post please)

Also, I was listening to The Rock (local radiostation) and they reckon that TG is actually filming at the north tip of the north island, and potentially stated to the media that they would be at 90 mile beach so that they avoided the IWI KANAWHAI!

(could a moderator add this to my last post please)

Also, I was listening to The Rock (local radiostation) and they reckon that TG is actually filming at the north tip of the north island, and potentially stated to the media that they would be at 90 mile beach so that they avoided the IWI KANAWHAI!

Confirmed location, here is the news link (with video of the Toyota on the beach) warning includes major race spoilers

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/s-wrap-top-gear-nz-race-secrets-revealed-5367272