Top Gear To TV

Alright....i have the problem of having my high speed connection @ work and my lcd tv @ home.....i looked into a dvd burner, but didnt like the idea of only havin 4 eps @ a time...

so, since i wanted to watch top gear at home i got a hair up my ass

i bought a used xbox and had a modchip and 200GB hard drive installed...

what does the modchip do?

well, in short it makes it a basic pc that'll plug into your tv...it'll play any divx, wmv, mp3, mpeg, any video format i've thrown at it...as well as having emulators for ALL the cartridge based systems (anything from atari to n64) even a playstation 1 emulator....

also allows you to save games to your hard drive...effectively killing load times...

I LOVE MY XBOX NOW!!!

and the newer 300mb top gears look A-OK on my TV....

Go VUK Go Viper007Bond!!

Yea, that would be the sole reason I would purchase an X-Box. Play my movies & mp3's from my computer & also load an assload of emulators. :)

I still use the old PC in a different room with an s-video cable to my tv (in the other room), and use a wireless keyboard and mouse to control it.
I like hard disks and all, but I never quite feel safe with them (they can crash and such you know :cry: ), so I use a DVD-RW (I keep the files in divx / xvid, etc... format so you'd get 10-15 episodes or so on one DVD).

do you need annoying windows updates with ur X-Box?? :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PS3 in 2005!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, I just got hired for a job yesterday so I can now afford to upgrade my POS PIII 500 to a dual 2ghz G5....so I can burn my shows to DVD now! :)

yea this site is basically the reason i got/modded my xbox...everything else has just been bonuses...

dont get me wrong i still have my ps2 and copy of gran turismo 4 bought and paid for...

oh and it runs on linux 8) so no windows anything....i think if you want it'll take windows CE but thats all..i was kinda skeptical of the linux thing at first b/c ive heard so much about its lack of user friendlieness, but its been A-ok

If you all got a Laptop, that's the easiest way. Otherwise I'd take an investment into one. I couldn't live without mine (partly for the reason of watching Top Gear on our huge projection TV) but also for the wireless freedom with a laptop. Those modded XBoxs are pretty cool too though. If no laptop, I'd go for that with low money.

:lol: Nice. 8)

JScullin said:
Actually, I just got hired for a job yesterday so I can now afford to upgrade my POS PIII 500 to a dual 2ghz G5....so I can burn my shows to DVD now! :)

upgrade? whatever Mac you chose you can't upgrade if you switch from PC to mac, you downgrade :wink: