Spoilers: top gear UK vs top gear AUS

Oh dear. Richmondgirl. The first car (on the left) is a Monaro (HX) ... either an LE version or (more likely) a regular HX with a Premier front (the regular Monaro GTS had 2 headlights, but many owners put Premier fronts on their cars to give them 4 headlights).

Thanks for that. Yeah I was wondering why it had the Premier front grill. *goes off to bang her head at a wall*

Could well be a fun day tomorrow - Goodwood in the AM, F1 in the PM and TG in the evening! W00t. They going for the 'ashes'?
\

The ashes aren't until the end of November and then go on into the start of January. So I'm guessing this might be a filler before the new series starts.

More likely it's for Season 16.
I would think they've taped all the segments for the current season by now.

But there'll be a couple of Christmas specials before then. Maybe this could be one of them?

It's very possible that the TG Ashes might be a special: The Ashes is scheduled to begin on November 25, and will finish in early January. It would make sense that TGUK's Christmas Special would be Ashes-related.

XB Falcon coupe and Valiant charger on top gear. Sounds good to me. :):mrgreen:

Some more info about this special. :)

http://mumbrella.com.au/nines-top-gear-ashes-special-will-see-brits-versus-33563
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/enterta...st-british-hosts/story-e6frf96f-1225926980555

The show will feature Aussie hosts Shane Jacobson, Ewen Page and Steve Pizzati going steering wheel to steering wheel with UK hosts Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond.

The hosts meet in a series of challenges including a drag race, shepherding, a rally and an upside-down race car.

In echoes of the long cricketing rivalry between Australia and England, the winning country will collect a Top Gear urn.

Last edited:

Wait a minute....

"The new presenters of Top Gear Australia. Steve Pizzati, Shane Jacobson and Ewen Page Source: Herald Sun
FANS will get their first taste of the rebooted Top Gear Australia when Channel 9 screens a 90-minute Ashes Special on September 28.

The show will feature Aussie hosts Shane Jacobson, Ewen Page and Steve Pizzati going steering wheel to steering wheel with UK hosts Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond."

Is this one of the two supposed TG specials this year, but this early?:thumbsup: (sorry if a repost)

I'm ok with that :)

Last edited:
Wait a minute....

"The new presenters of Top Gear Australia. Steve Pizzati, Shane Jacobson and Ewen Page Source: Herald Sun
FANS will get their first taste of the rebooted Top Gear Australia when Channel 9 screens a 90-minute Ashes Special on September 28.

Is this one of the two supposed TG specials this year, but this early?:thumbsup: (sorry if a repost)

I'm ok with that :)

Nope. It's Australian TopGear on Aussie telly were the special will be shown next week. Still.... how I love torrents. ;-)

Confirmation from Steve Pizzati on Twitter:

"One week 'til TGA goes to air with our UK special and we're still putting the finishing touches on it *straightens chairs, polishes cutlery*"

Captain Two-Hours-Late-With-The-Breaking-News signing off. Sorry about that. :)

Saw teaser ad while watching TG tonight and it does looks promising. Although, I do wish they got better cameras.

http://au.transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2010/09/21/the-top-gear-motoring-ashes/

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Please don't suck. I hope the new trio gel together, or else they're going to look like idiots reading autocue.

I'm guessing the actual "versus" part of this special will be aired in the next series on the BBC, leaving out the other segments that make up the 90 minutes.

Other segments featuring Jacobson, Page and Pizzati include a race on the Isle of Man, where there are no speed limits, in British super cars including an Ariel Atom, a Radical and a rare Ginetta.

The Aussie trio will also trek across the UK in the worst British cars ever made. One is the 1960s electric car, The Peel.

I hope that nice MG isn't one of the "worst British cars ever made".

I was very fond of mine