• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

top gear ultimate driving tunes

osabros

top gear are releasing a two cd set with what they say are the "Ultimate driving tunes". it should be in stores by December 5th.
http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/249/

which is wierd because i found the same cd on another website and they say it'll be released at November 14th....
but whatever, here's got the list of all the songs that are going to be on it.
http://www.thehut.com/mall/productpage.cfm/TheHut/6630951

if someone with a lot of upload bandwidth get all the songs and make a torrent or somthing it would be excellent...(i can't because i have a 10KB/s upload speed....)

just get them on soulseek. they're ordianry songs, nothing special

Who the hell are those people?!

Oh, well, I kind of have a soft spot for comically obscure British new-wave bands or whatever Sony Music is labeling them as these days. Hell, I have the Driv3r soundtrack, which is full of them. Only 29 cents on Amazon! It's quite good, really.

^ Sony BMG these days me ol' mukkah .... 2nd biggest record company behind Universal.

Anyway, I think I'd rather have a CD containing a handful of select favourites from both Clarkson and May's respective collection of 33rpm discs than that collection of noise.

Top Gear has had so many of these CDs. I have one from 1993 with Meat Loaf on it! That's how I first discovered Meat Loaf's great music. Come to think of it, that's how I first learnt of Jeremy Clarkson.

I think this is a waste of their time and our money. Music is so objective...

Shawn_230 said:
That's how I first discovered Meat Loaf's great music.

those 2 songs you mean? :lol:

Well I've got three of his songs, but Bat out of Hell and I Would Do Anything... are the two good ones. But those are good songs... I don't see why Top Gear picked on him so much, so he's fat... Ozzy Osbourne doesn't look that great either.

We are talking here about a man who has a song titled "Objects In The Rear View Mirror May Appear Closer Than They Are".

He does deserve it, really he does.

Just because of the name of the song you rip on him? Do you hate Santana as well because he has a song named Oye Como Va? James May is that you?

I don't think bbc.co.uk/topgear/ is ripping on him just cause of the name of the song. What I think he is saying is that Meatloaf isn't displaying his creative genius by naming his song like that.

But he has a good point, and Shawn_230 you said it yourself, 'Loaf only has 3 good songs... and even the afore mentioned are debateable. "Bat Out of Hell" is decent but not worth getting into a flamewar over.

But my question is, to elaborate on what avanti said... if the guys at TG just did the survey for the greatest driving songs, how come none of the top 5 are on these CDs?

Well who cares if he has one great song or a hundred. If he has a great song, then why make fun of him?

Besides, Meat Loaf has more than three good songs. His two Bat Out of Hell albums are great rock operas, try listening to them once. I meant to say that most people only know the three songs. But so what, they don't rip on him because of his music, they rip on him because he is, allegedly, fat, sweaty, smelly and gross. No offense, but that doesn't make someone a bad musician.

I just don't understand why people say Bat Out of Hell is a great driving song, then they blindly change their mind to something totally different just because James said he has fat, sausage fingers.

Disc 1
1 I Like The Way - BodyRockers
2 Somewhere Else - Razorlight
3 Somewhere Only We Know - Keane
4 In The Morning - Coral
5 Hate To Say I Told You So - Hives
6 Somebody Told Me - Killers
7 Sunshine Of Your Love - Cream & The Hoxtons
8 My Favourite Game - Cardigans
9 Love Spreads - Stone Roses
10 You're So Pretty - Charlatans
11 In The Shadows - Rasmus
12 Get What You Give - New Radicals
13 Drop The Pressure - Mylo
14 Jacques Your Body - Les Rythmes Digitales
15 You Can't Go Home Again - DJ Shadow
16 Gritty Shaker - Holmes, David
17 Run - Snow Patrol
18 Side - Travis
19 We Took Pelham - Deadly Avenger
Disc 2
1 Little By Little - Oasis
2 Clubbed To Death - Rob D
3 Les Fleur - 4 Hero
4 Go - Lemon Jelly
5 Angelica - Lamb
6 Edge Hill - Groove Armada
7 Panic Attack - UNKLE
8 Echo Dek - Primal Scream
9 Oh - Underworld
10 Les Nuits - Nightmares On Wax
11 Soul Vibration - J Walk
12 La Ritournelle - Tellier, Sebastien
13 Grass Roots Horizon - Kinobe
14 And If I Fall - Charlatans
15 Believe Me Natalie - Killers
16 If You Go Down To The Woods - Dusted
17 Kota - Bonobo
18 Any Other Name - Newman, Thomas
19 Finished Symphony - Hybrid
20 Adagio For Strings

Are these actually any good?
I've never heard of any of these people.

Thanks for the tracklisting. Is it just me, or are many of these choons debateable as driving songs? Little By Little is a great song, and it's even better being sung by a large group of drunkards on the way home from the pub but it's not a driving song IMO. Same with In The Morning, fabby song but I wouldn't want to listen to it in the car when I'm gridlocked on the A45 on a Monday morning.

I can't help wondering if someone at TG only has the Ocean's Eleven soundtrack in their collection, because a few pieces have featured on the show and oh look .... there's one on this CD!

Anyway, chances are that despite owning a good few of these albums anyway, I'll buy the CD simply because it's TG merchandise and I'll kid myself that I'm keeping James May employed! :lol:

"There's no need to worry, we haven't plundered Clarkson's or May's record collections"

i also dont know any of these songs\artists.... i was wondering if anyone here knows if these tracks are any good?

yes most of them are very good. How can you people have not heard of half these artists?! correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure most of them have been used on Top Gear at some point. IMHO these CDs are really quite good, and are worthy of being named Ultimate Driving Tunes.

Disc1
2 Somewhere Else - Razorlight
4 In The Morning - Coral
6 Somebody Told Me - Killers
17 Run - Snow Patrol
18 Side - Travis

Disc 2
1 Little By Little - Oasis
2 Clubbed To Death - Rob D
15 Believe Me Natalie - Killers
20 Adagio For Strings

Are these actually any good?
I've never heard of any of these people.

I've highlighted the ones I like, most of the others are just average, and a few I've not heard.

Heck, I own most of the ones that are decent there [from iTunes, naturally :p] so there's really not much point to buying the album.

My favourite driving song of all time: Supertramp's School

Well, it's not favourite of all time, just for right now.