• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Top Gear US Season Premier

Vipergts662

Car(s)
2016 Holden Commodore (chevy ss), 2020 Explorer ST
The episode is on at 9 eastern next Thursday the ninth, and is titled the "Flying Wig". So I am assuming they are doing what the other guys did a while ago with wigs and convertibles?

Here is the link to the episode
http://dsc.discovery.com/tvlistings/episode.jsp?episode=15&cpi=30445&gid=0&channel=DSC

The guide that comcast uses says the episode is from 2006 and not 2005 like the rehashed UK versions there is also no description.

It looks like they are having a mini marathon starting at 7 and running till 3 am I think.

Bah, you don't get to use the lock button anymore, SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!!. :p

This thread is fine as while the american version has been brought up before, the subject of it actually airing has not. ;)

Are you sure it's the new US version? Just because it says 2006 doesn't mean it's the new series, that number just shows the year of it's original airing. From what I can discern, its just a crop and chop of the old UK shows.

Flying Wig: Like you said, wigs and convertibles
Can You Parachute Into a Moving Car?: Flying into a Merc
Ferrari's Million Dollar Supercar: Original review of the Enzo?

Doesn't seem too new/special. I'm sure that if it were the new season, we would see ads all over Discovery for it.

I'll have my trigger finger on the record button, if it is, and put it up after I edit out the damned commercials. ;)

Viper007Bond said:
Bah, you don't get to use the lock button anymore, SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!!. :p

This thread is fine as while the american version has been brought up before, the subject of it actually airing has not. ;)
That stupid report posts thread :roll: It was late night and I was just doing my job. Maybe I won't listen to them in future.

You better get that :unlock: emotion up :lol: :roll:

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
Viper007Bond said:

That stupid report posts thread :roll: It was late night and I was just doing my job. Maybe I won't listen to them in future.

You better get that :unlock: emotion up :lol: :roll:

Use your own judgment, not someone else's... That's the key.

Is there more than one Discovery network? Or is it the same one that broadcasts differently to a subsiduary in Canada? Because it doesn't look like Canada's Discovery network will be showing it as yet. :cry:

perry8472 said:
Is there more than one Discovery network? Or is it the same one that broadcasts differently to a subsiduary in Canada? Because it doesn't look like Canada's Discovery network will be showing it as yet. :cry:

Yeah it's the same Discovery. Discovery has rights to about a dozen different networks, my guess is it is just a matter of time for ya.

perry8472 said:

canada gets the crappy discovery :(

Kebab gud said:
Flying Wig huh ...
they did a wig thing in series2 or 3 .. thats to old for discovery if im not wrong..
so this might just be TGA after all :p

Actually, Discovery has from season 1, 2002. The very 1st episode of Top Gear had the Balingo(sp?) green van with JC driving it to France for booz, and Discovery had that in one of it's chopped/re-edited USversions.

thedguy said:
Am I the only one to notice that it's in the middle of a marothon of several old Top Gear eps? Not sure if they are old redone eps or of they are "new" reshashed UK eps.

http://dsc.discovery.com/tvlistings/schedule.jsp?mm=2&dd=9&yyyy=2006&channel=DSC

I noticed it also, but why not do it that way have a mini marathon and then introduce the new version? Then again they are also contrasting the UK version against the American version.

If it is not the season premier of the American version then it means they are getting ready to start showing the American version soon I would think.

I cant say I am suprised at the lack of advertising that the new version is getting considering Discoveries history about promoting new shows.

Viper007Bond said:

That was me posting in the other thread, because the subject of it actually airing has been mentioned in this locked thread
http://forum.finalgear.com/viewtopic.php?t=9727 ;)

Jafo said:
Kebab gud said:
Flying Wig huh ...
they did a wig thing in series2 or 3 .. thats to old for discovery if im not wrong..
so this might just be TGA after all :p

Actually, Discovery has from season 1, 2002. The very 1st episode of Top Gear had the Balingo(sp?) green van with JC driving it to France for booz, and Discovery had that in one of it's chopped/re-edited USversions.

Citroen Berlingo ;)

mgkdk said:
Viper007Bond said:

That was me posting in the other thread, because the subject of it actually airing has been mentioned in this locked thread
http://forum.finalgear.com/viewtopic.php?t=9727 ;)
Yeah and I just posted the wrong link up when locking lol. Doesn't matter tho..