Top Gear USA coming to the UK

shellygrrl

And here I thought you were meaning as a challenge. :(

Eeergh...could they have at least started with the Alaska challenge and gone forward with Season 2? The first few episodes were pretty poor.

The Brits have made it perfectly clear on the TG website from prior to the show's premiere: they consider TGUS an abomination that must be killed with fire, then nuked from orbit just to be sure. The whining about it over there has never ceased, and will get worse once they have a look at the first four episodes. Their minds will be as open as a Vestal Virgin's legs.

Now that is just plain silly.

Last edited:
The Brits have made it perfectly clear on the TG website from prior to the show's premiere: they consider TGUS an abomination that must be killed with fire, then nuked from orbit just to be sure. The whining about it over there has never ceased, and will get worse once they have a look at the first four episodes. Their minds will be as open as a Vestal Virgin's legs.

maybe they're just doing this to piss off the haters?

i know i would...

maybe they're just doing this to piss off the haters?

I wish it were, but it's obviously not. It began from the first announcement of TGUS, and it's continued with every single article about TGUS that TG.com's put up. There's no willingness among the more casual fans over there to open their minds about it. TG is defined by them as being made by the BBC and hosted by Clarkson, Hammond, and May, period. While we got away from the comparisons pretty early on, they never have. This will really be ugly.

And it's being paid for with TV License money!! Even more venom from the masses!!

I wish it were, but it's obviously not. It began from the first announcement of TGUS, and it's continued with every single article about TGUS that TG.com's put up. There's no willingness among the more casual fans over there to open their minds about it. TG is defined by them as being made by the BBC and hosted by Clarkson, Hammond, and May, period. While we got away from the comparisons pretty early on, they never have. This will really be ugly.

And how would you feel if the British made their own version of your favorite TV show and bastardized it?

The Dukes Charger replaced by a Capri driven by Chavs? KITT replaced by a SD1 with some "non-existant" Bobby? I do understand that TG isn't "exactly British exclusively" but when you have nearly 20 seasons under the belt, pride does play a role.....

I wouldn't be surprised if TGUSA is canceled....all because of the British TG fans being incited to riot!!

Last edited:
I'd bring up Law & Order UK, but I'm not a Law and Order fan.

I don't like Law and Order Fill-In-The-Blank, but any show that features Peter Davison, Jamie Bamber, and Freema Ageyman gets a pass from me.

You mean the silly people?

And it's being paid for with TV License money!! Even more venom from the masses!!

And how would you feel if the British made their own version of your favorite TV show and bastardized it?

The Dukes Charger replaced by a Capri driven by Chavs? KITT replaced by a SD1 with some "non-existant" Bobby? I do understand that TG isn't "exactly British exclusively" but when you have nearly 20 seasons under the belt, pride does play a role.....

I wouldn't be surprised if TGUSA is canceled....all because of the British TG fans being incited to riot!!

You really are a hateful little troll. If you hate the show so much stop fucking watching it.

History isn't cancelling the show. Go the fuck away.

Last edited:
I don't like Law and Order Fill-In-The-Blank, but any show that features Peter Davison, Jamie Bamber, and Freema Ageyman gets a pass from me.

I don't like cop procedural shows but my wife wanted to give it a shot so I checked it out because of Bamber, and it wasn't that bad.

why are you still watching it? are you that much of a simplistic twit, you can't even change the damn channel and log off here for good?

Trailer...

You mean the silly people?

Without the Brits, you wouldn't have Top Gear.......anything in the first place. Just thought that should be pointed out.

You really are a hateful little troll. If you hate the show so much stop fucking watching it.

History isn't cancelling the show. Go the fuck away.

why are you still watching it? are you that much of a simplistic twit, you can't even change the damn channel and log off here for good?

If I give you a rationale answer, will you just quietly acknowledge me "being a troll" from now on? No more labeling, no more complaining. Save your postings for something else constructive.

Trailer...

The venomous response to the clip in the comments section is abit overwhelming. Hell, there are folks on there that are praising TGAUS more than TGUSA!!

1:26, I've seen that somewhere before but I can't put my finger on it.

I might watch it or download it from iPlayer at least. I find the presenters a bit irritating but time will tell if it's a major problem.

Edit: Well I can say I certainly won't be watching it live, that's the day Forza 4 comes out. :D

Last edited: