• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Top Gear USA -- The Presenters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

janstett

Car(s)
86 944 Turbo, 2000 TA, 09 GC Overland, 11 CLS550
So the announcement of TG USA has been made, and they did name the new presenters. Does anybody have a somewhat detailed biography/resume of these people, as to why exactly they are qualified to present the show?

wooflepoof said:
U'd be good to read the news on the main page ;)

exactly, the article from Top Gear Magazine. I know there is a drag racer, some guy from a reality TV show (that makes him about as qualified as a blind Neurosurgeon if you ask me), and i think a comedian?

I saw some pics from the show is the latest magazine issue, didn't recognize any of them.

Right, I thought I had alredy read that and did.

article said:
And instead of The Tall One, The Short One and The Other Oen, they hired three rather different American presenters. Bruno, a professional drag racer with casual tales of crashing at 230mph. John, the super keen jock, blessed with quaint ?sir and m?am? good manners that only Americans can do. And, Johnny, a former reality show winner with a nice line in wierd humor.

What I meant was full names and maybe some background. I don't know who Bruno, John, and Johnny are or why they are qualified. Mostly because I want their jobs! 8)

Not to take anything away from "Bruno" but why would they get a "drag" racer to throw cars into corners...I would think he'll be great at, say, going fast in a stright line?

Do not have high expectations about this!

I got the January issue of Top Gear (Top Gear Awards) here in Newark, NJ, and I read about it.

Leave it to these guys to *^%$@% some good thing up. Alos, do not forget about those commercial breaks that will come on every ten minutes.

subarustan said:
Not to take anything away from "Bruno" but why would they get a "drag" racer to throw cars into corners...I would think he'll be great at, say, going fast in a stright line?

Vat iz dis cornerz you shpeak ofv? In Uhmericuh ve have no zuch t'ing.

/-10 points to whoever needs a translation

lol, he drives a cavalier

gregsterguy said:
oh drag racers its already going downhill

I am a drag racer, but I am also an autocrosser and a track guy too... I would be more than happy to demonstrate just how to toss a car into some twisties, but sometimes the raw power and acceleration of a drag race is FUN!! Not to mention that getting good and consistent R/T's is no easy task!

I'd rather see someone from road racing (Petit LeMans, SCCA, etc.) than a drag racer.

ssnapier said:
gregsterguy said:
oh drag racers its already going downhill

I am a drag racer, but I am also an autocrosser and a track guy too... I would be more than happy to demonstrate just how to toss a car into some twisties, but sometimes the raw power and acceleration of a drag race is FUN!! Not to mention that getting good and consistent R/T's is no easy task!

Im just not a fan of drag racing. I did it alot but once I started autocross I fell in love with the twistys.

I said the drag racer bit because it is the typical american sterotype thing. Fast in a straight line. Why not have hosts that are a tad more involed in other forums of racing

2 drag racers and most likely some sutpid slutty chick that knows shit all about cars. Yep the way this show is going it sounds like the typical american top gear.

can't wait for JC to make fun of it.

American Top Gear, FUCK YEAH! :yucky:

:cry:

:D

NHRA Top Fuel and Funny car drag racing usually get up to 230-330 mph and pull several g at a launch where hundreths of a second count.

OMG!!!!
this is the end of the world... AMERICAN TOP GEAR... nice way to FUCK UP!!!
and on top of that DRAG Racers.... can it get any worst!!!!! that show will need some nudity..... I mean Jezza is TOP GEAR is that simple.... so no JEZZA NO TOP GEAR.... and if you add to DRAG Racers.. what is LEFT????? huuuhg???? CRAP I SAY CRAP! :bmwpoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.