Top Gear viewing figures

upyourego

Car(s)
Learning to drive
Instead of creating a different thread each week for viewing figures I thought I'd put them all in one thread.

Sorry this is a little late.

Series 19: Episode one

Top Gear (BBC Two) 5.3m/17.9% share
Top Gear (BBC HD) 0.9m/3.9% share

TG was up against Call the Midwife on BBC One which saw 8.7m viewers and a 29.6% share.

Call the Midwife (BBC One) - 8.7m - 29.6% share
All Star Family Fortunes (ITV) - 5.3m - 18.7% share
Top Gear (BBC Two) - 5.3m - 17.9% share
The Hotel (Channel 4) - 2m - 7% share
Spiderman 3 [end of] (Channel 5) - 1.8m - 6.8% share

A bit lower than previous years isn't it? Or does it always take a couple of EPs to get it going?

Don't forget all the henpecked guys whose spouses would insist on watching "Call the Midwife" but will have recorded it or watched it on iPlayer. Always tricky when they go up against something really popular.

^ Well, obviously...

How are they gonna find out exact numbers for people viewing on the internet anyway?

I wonder if those UK-figures are actually that relevant to the BBC or the producers, given the huge, worldwide popularity of the show.

S.

They are relevant simply because of ammunition to talk to the suits.

I see they count the BBC HD viewers separately. As the show is broadcast at the same time on HD, that would bring the total numbers for the first broadcast up to 6.2m, which is average for Top Gear viewed "live"

You also have to factor in millions of re-runs. Along with QI TG is one of the most repeated shows ... ... ... in the world. :jeremy:

Viewing figures - 3/2/13

More or less the same as the previous week:

Top Gear (inc HD) - 5.2m - 17.7% share

In the timeslot:

Call the Midwife (BBC One) - 9.2m - 31.4% share
All Star Family Fortunes (ITV) - 5.3m - 18.8%
Top Gear (BBC Two) - 5.2m - 17.7%
The Hotel (C4) - 1.8m - 6.2%
The Time Machine (C5) - 0.9m - 3.3%

Do the BBC release the top individual iPlayer episode viewcounts in their monthly releases, or just at the end of the year?

We live on the border of Wales, and so receive BBC2 Wales, which was showing snooker! Must be a factor.

Thankfully we were able to watch on BBC HD.