Top Gear vs Fifth Gear

^ Yeah, the studio segments from the last series were painful to watch... and I bet his jeans must smell really gross, I mean he probably never washes them because he doesn't seem to have another pair.

well, i love topgear more for one reason they always look for the car that make you enjoy the drive they look like Jeremy said on first episodes it's about the cars that give you the X factor. if you enjoy this stuff you will love top gear more and nothing wrong with a little FG

Couldn't agree more. VB-H is very probably the most irritating presenter on UK TV. If she uses the expression 'what's a girl to do?' once more I will throw the TV out of the window. Girl? Oh, come on...and her over-claimed racing credential are pretty patchy.
Do not dis' the Vickster! Wonderful Gal.

I love both shows, think if they were clones how boring would that be?

You can't compare the two shows directly, as they are completely different. Fifth Gear is much more focused on the cars, and Top Gear is more focused on the entertainment. It is easy to get the impression that Fifth Gear is trying to copy Top Gear (which they are, c'mon, they tried to buy the name), but you can't really say that it is crap in comparison.

I've watched some episodes of Fifth Gear and... don't like it. It seems boring and too serious when compared with Top Gear.

Sorry for the bump, but I just nailed it using an analogy

Fifth Gear is like the nature program that airs on local public tv (PBS and the sort). It is informative, but not much in the way of outlandish interesting stuff. Nor great cinematic work.

Top Gear is like Planet Earth. Some of the more interesting details are given (but not all), there is great cinematography, and some strange never before seen stuff is shown.

Fifth Gear is like the nature program that airs on local public tv (PBS and the sort). It is informative, but not much in the way of outlandish interesting stuff. Nor great cinematic work.

Top Gear is like Planet Earth. Some of the more interesting details are given (but not all), there is great cinematography, and some strange never before seen stuff is shown.

And Americans nick it from the BBC. :p

You're right though, that sums it up pretty well.

This was right, though. Lately Fifth Gear has started with their challenges and whatnot to become more like Top Gear.

I'm not starting anything, I was referring to this:

It is informative, but not much in the way of outlandish interesting stuff. Nor great cinematic work.

It used to be like that, but now that they are trying to become more like Top Gear they are trying more outlandish interesting stuff, and better camera work.