Top Gear will return, BBC insists

Hopefully...

Why would top of the pops give you the story???

Not good at all. We will surely find out soon what is going on!

d) the green ecomentalists have brainwashed JC this time! our hero is going to campaign for Green Peace
Naw, the force is too strong with him for that :lol:

You can't seriously be surprised at this can you? It is actually rather shocking that Clarkson lasted as long as he has. Clarkson has very few friends within the industry, a fact that only now he has realised. I can confirm that Clarkson will not be returning to Top Gear or having any further association with the BBC, it is also likely that Wilman will be discarded and replaced with a producer who possesses at very least a basic grasp of what today's cosmopolitan, intelligent society demands.

You can't seriously be surprised at this can you? It is actually rather shocking that Clarkson lasted as long as he has. Clarkson has very few friends within the industry, a fact that only now he has realised. I can confirm that Clarkson will not be returning to Top Gear or having any further association with the BBC, it is also likely that Wilman will be discarded and replaced with a producer who possesses at very least a basic grasp of what today's cosmopolitan, intelligent society demands.

Oh not Walter again!!

No point commenting on this peoples!!

Use this:
gun.JPG

Walter you have opened my eyes. because I agree, this series sucked. The BBC board probably loathed it, as most people paying for it also did (8 million is a minority). I'm glad that they will sack and remake top gear with all new hosts and I hope they will just show car reviews on the latest family cars, how to know when to change the oil filter. you know sensible stuff, informative.

</sarcasm>

Walter you have opened my eyes. because I agree, this series sucked. The BBC board probably loathed it, as most people paying for it also did (8 million is a minority). I'm glad that they will sack and remake top gear with all new hosts and I hope they will just show car reviews on the latest family cars, how to know when to change the oil filter. you know sensible stuff, informative.

</sarcasm>

I was about to say sth. very impolite towards your person .... hopefully I've noticed that last word ;)

</sarcasm>

I was about to say sth. very impolite towards your person .... hopefully I've noticed that last word ;)

I was about to say something too, until I noticed the lightly coloured word at the bottom!!

You guys should go ahead and flame him because he didn't open the sarcasm tag properly. You obviously need to have <sarcasm> if </sarcasm> is going to work. Come on, it's basic HTML people.

basic html? sarcasm isn't a html tag, if anything it would be an xml tag.

How about <jokeruiner>? Is that HTML or XML? Maybe SHTML? Who knows...

maybe jeremy clarkson IS Walter Goldsworthy and is just playing with us?

wow what a conspiracy theory (sarcasm?!)

maybe jeremy clarkson IS Walter Goldsworthy and is just playing with us?

wow what a conspiracy theory (sarcasm?!)

Or it could be Hammond playing evil tricks??:)

Local radio said this morning that it was due to artistic differences between all three presenters and the production team. They said the producers want more celebrities and guests, and May, Hammond and Clarkson said categorically "no" - they'll only do it if it's about cars, and one celebrity is enough.

Ah, this might explain why the BBC spokesperson cannot "confirm" his involvement: because he hasn't signed anything. Then the media jumps on this ambiguity to create a story out of it.

But why Clarkson said it's not coming back in the summer if there is a special planned, I don't know. I wonder what he's up to. :| From his comment, it sounded more like the timing of the return was in question, not the return full stop.

yeah

i was just reading the latest and closed thread on clarky not returning and TG not coming back in summer and its really funny to see people who arent exposed to british newspapers getting all worried about whats going to happen, while all the british posters see a few questionable quotes and "no comments" spun into some kind of story.

scare-mongering is what the newspapers here like very much

Local radio said this morning that it was due to artistic differences between all three presenters and the production team. They said the producers want more celebrities and guests, and May, Hammond and Clarkson said categorically "no" - they'll only do it if it's about cars, and one celebrity is enough.

good on em, turning it into a celebrity plug fest is no way to go.

celebrity BB = shit
Fame academy = shit
that ice skating one = shit
strictly come dancing = shit
all those other shows that feature washed up, minor or down right bollocks celebrities = all shit

TG brought in some pretty heavy weight celebs on its own (JK, Lionel, Euan, Ramsey et al), but thankfully those it did bring in were the level headed guys who have nothing to prove, (ie they dont need to prove their worth as celebs like minor insignificant "celebs" do) and dont need to ham it up on camera or plug their latest crap workout DVD.

if they changed it to that we'd have douche bags such as jade goody, shillpa shetty, russel brandt(sp?), retired football, rugby and cricket players doing stupid celebrity driving in and out of cones challenges.

there was that car show that already did this and it was crap, i think it was on Sky One, they rounded up a bunch of "who the fuck are they? never 'eard of 'em" celebs and pitted them against each other dressed in full racing overalls doing such boring challenges and navigating a course towing a bath full of water, driving up on a moving trailer and other such driving assault courses.... it was UTTER DRIVEL.

the last thing we need is another celeb based show. just like the internet has made everyone a fucking journolist, these celeb shows are making everyone a celebrity

Last edited:
yeah

i was just reading the latest and closed thread on clarky not returning and TG not coming back in summer and its really funny to see people who arent exposed to british newspapers getting all worried about whats going to happen, while all the british posters see a few questionable quotes and "no comments" spun into some kind of story.

scare-mongering is what the newspapers here like very much

Im Australian, and us Aussies arent worried.