Top Gear will return, BBC insists

I have just read reports on hammond heaven from people who went to the filming of top gear of the pops last night.

it was confirmed by the team that it would be returning but there was some issues with contracts and the director brian klein did say that they would be moving to a new location which is why they honestly don't know when the new series will be back.

I dont mind them moving, but FFS, if any rich bastards just happen to be trawling car enthusiast forums as they usually do, LEND YOUR BLOODY VEYRON to the team! if they move before that car hits the track the comparo ive been aching for will be all but annihilated...unless they can get the top 5 cars around the new track, which may be a hassle

Just got this from the Metro:

The BBC said the confusion may have arisen because the announcer said the series would return in the summer rather than the autumn.

A spokesman said: "Top Gear will be back. A summer special is planned. We are expecting all three boys to present the programmes."

A new series would reach screens in the autumn, he added.

I'll miss the current location if they move. :(

Such a lot of cock is being talked about this. It only takes one lazy journalist and one tosser on the internet without any common sense (don't get me started on the 'Damon Hill is the Stig' thread) and the next thing you know, Top Gear is dead. Doom and gloom.

The problem is this: too many people read too much into everything they do; everything is over-analysed. This is most easily recognised in the countless 'that's staged' comments. It has got to a point now where I can hardly be bothered to read Top Gear 'stuff' on the internet anymore. Discussion is one thing - talking bollocks is another.

P.S. 'Walk on', to my fellow Liverpool fan (above). :)

"The lease on the Dunsfold airfield expires"

I can see it becoming a venue for TG pilgrimage... can you ever imagine the value of the house that will be built on the Gambon corner? can you? :)

"The lease on the Dunsfold airfield expires"

I can see it becoming a venue for TG pilgrimage... can you ever imagine the value of the house that will be built on the Gambon corner? can you? :)

Wouldn't want to live there because someone would go round there too quick and you'd find a reasonably priced saloon in your begonias.

Indeed!! hey ( sorry off topic ) howed you get that banner like that?

Click here - click Browse The Archive - select Sports as the category and there is a nice Liverpool banner on page 29. Just copy the url of the banner(s) you want and paste it/them into the box(es) on the homepage. :)

fragmeister said:
go round there too quick and you'd find a reasonably priced saloon in your begonias.

That sounds very painful...

This is somewhat offtopic but if they knew the lease was going to run out they should never have reformatted the show a few series back. I guess they though they might be able to extend it but I just don't like the Chevy or the new empty celeb lap board.

Autumn?

Autumn?!?!?!?!?

We get six bloody episodes and now we have to wait until AUTUMN?!?!?!

The horror!

I was really hoping for a May return, to be honest, as they did in 2006.

Steve

I know this could be a silly question but who the bloody hell is Walter Goldsworthy, or whatever his name is?