Top Gear will return, BBC insists

talk over, clarkson confirmed that top gear will be back in the autumn so long as none of them go upside down.l

where was this?

:)

the sun today.

you all bitch and moan that this season they have been plugging celebs so much, look at season 1, they did the same there too

I like Top Gear no matter what format it is in. I would love series 10 to be like 7 though.

What?! No it isn't! The magic of Top Gear is the amazing joy you get from simply watching three middle aged blokes cocking about shouting about how they hate french cars and how americans are ignorant and fat. The magic of Top Gear is that even if the show would have been called Top Pier (thanks RhymeZone) and would be about piers, rather than cars, I would still wait every week until 5 in the morning waiting for the VUK rip to be released! Because as long as the three presenters are there and are left alone to do whatever they like, the show will always be wonderful, and there is no reason for it to removed.

Dude, i'm sorry, but you just don't seem to get the show.

No, that is what it has become...in the peak season 6 that was discussed, this cocking about was conveyed through the love of cars, and the "euphoria of driving a sports car"...instead of them cocking about over which car thrilled them the most (ie the M6, porsche 911 and Aston martin challenge on the isle of mann), they are cocking about running tractors into each other..i agree with majbthrd...

The cars should be the focus and provide a laugh as well, the way top gear began, that is the formula that has created such a vast fan base..... rather than focusing on the laughs and leaving the cars as a secondary focus, which is what it has slowly evolved into...

I am hoping that a lack of decent cars to review is the main cause for this in the past 2 seasons or so, but i just cant justify that...there are so many fantastic cars that have nbever been given a chance on the show, i really think it is a slump that the boys WILL pull out of...

if majbthrd does not get the show because he wants it to be more about the way way top gear can evoke an emotional response within the motoring realm, whether it drooling laughing or smiling or crying, as opposed to merely becoming a conservative version of jackass...then im with him and apparently we dont get it...

buit be sure of one thing...top gear WILL be back! and that is the important thing

you all bitch and moan that this season they have been plugging celebs so much, look at season 1, they did the same there too

I bet everyone would agree that series one were comparatively ribbish. The plugging, the big bloke with discount offers (that's especially valuable when you watch it again in 2007, thats for sure), small lazy audience etc. In this case even the 'back to basics' means basics start at series 3-4 (or even 5).

Strangely enough, while waiting wor new shows of the s8, i've been rewatching other series much, but very few episodes of s7, and now s8 being over i have no urge to see it again whatsoever. Except for the lambo review, maybe. Worrying, eh.

It was probably just a negotiating tactic. Clarkson knows that this was one of the best seasons they have had for ratings and if he was negotiating a new contract he could pretty much set his own terms.

Such as trying to have the site of recording of the series to be next door?

Odd really that the presenter of a show about cars would want to spend less time in cars. How is he goign to reliably test a car for commuting to and from work, if everyone knows he had work moved 5 miles from his home?

Odd.

I have never had a license to drive nor actually driven a car at any point in my life - OK I did once obtain a divers license but that was in Legoland in 1981 when I was 11 - but I think that TopGear is rather entertaining and the cast of presenters is odd and amusing enough to keep my interest. My favourite TG-moments are the camping trip and the Veyron vs plane race of the faraohs testicles. Well those and the one where they build a boat out of their cars, I so enjoyed that James won that one... .and the one where all buy a supercar... and try to kill that Toyota... and.. when they a Jaguar off that ship.

They are very different people with very different approaches to solve the same equation. No doubt they are fun seperately, but seeing them together really is a laugh. The moment James goes to pick up his long supercar Jemery and Richard steal the moment by making the challenge of parking in a tight space one foot more diffifult.
Still if they'd ever consider a fourth presenter I'd never try to push myself, I will be happy nominating Sabine Schmit, she was very cool. Oh yeah I forgot when she had to eat her words about going round the ring under 10 minutes in a van. That was hilariously funny. Would be cool to see Jeremy race her with him driving something like a GT and her in a VAN.

-Mikkel