Top Gear's journey from Georgia to Israel (also: Iraq)

Soooo.... TG Israel soon, judging by the enthusiasm?

Behahah testing what? Toyota Camrys and Mazda 3? Seriously there are 0 interesting cars in Israel. No Ferrari, No Lamborghini no super cars of any kind with the exception of the Mercedes SLS and the Audi R8. This is the most boring car country in the world... the Mazda 3 is the best selling car by a pretty huge way (sells x2 of it's closest rival or something).

It's all very grey and boring...

Behahah testing what? Toyota Camrys and Mazda 3? Seriously there are 0 interesting cars in Israel. No Ferrari, No Lamborghini no super cars of any kind with the exception of the Mercedes SLS and the Audi R8. This is the most boring car country in the world... the Mazda 3 is the best selling car by a pretty huge way (sells x2 of it's closest rival or something).

It's all very grey and boring...

That. QFT.

Take a drive to kfar shmaryahu or herzlia pituach. lots of car excitement going down there. i've seen at least two different ferraris, multiple more advanced 911s and some fast Audis, Bimmers and Mercs. but besides that, which is the upper echelon of Israel, you guys are right. not much going on.

Well, I've seen an Audi R8 (this is the specific car I'm talking about) down at Herzeliya Pituach, and a whole bunch of Volkswagen Sciroccos, having gone there quite a lot of times. There are a lot of Porsche Cayennes in Raanana (which is where I live), and a 17 year old dude who drives a $184k Mercedes SLK55 AMG (again, the specific car I'm talking about - it has a "New Driver" sign on the back). That said, all of these cars are way less common that they should be, and instead we get a lot of white Mazda 3s and Hyundai i30s. ):

Also, a friend of mine spotted a foreign-reg Ferrari F430 in Raanana. He stopped by a lottery booth. Sucker.

Last edited:
I've seen a bunch of those sciroccos over the past few months too.(i'm in hod hasharon right now on a program, not far from raanana, where i, too, used to live.) I heard about the 430 but never saw it. Nevertheless, I wouldn't discount Israel car culture, because it's only going to grow.

??? ????? ?'????? ???? ????? ??? ??'?? ???? ???????

Last edited:
Again, no more information, but good to know it's (a)scheduled, and (b)extended :D

BBC Press Office xmas shows.

And, in a special extended edition of Top Gear, Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May embark on an appropriately seasonal road trip as they attempt to follow the path of the three wise men across the Middle East in a range of top sports cars wholly unsuited to the terrain.

And, in a special extended edition of Top Gear, Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May embark on an appropriately seasonal road trip as they attempt to follow the path of the three wise men across the Middle East in a range of top sports cars wholly unsuited to the terrain.]

Extended = goooood.
Maybe we'll get a 2 hour special after all? ...

Volkswagen Sciroccos aren't rare in Israel... The base model is only 170K (1.4L Manual) and a Golf with some extras can easily get there. I'm actually considering getting one some time soon, if the money allows it(170K NIS is still 30K pounds).

Volkswagen Sciroccos aren't rare in Israel... The base model is only 170K (1.4L Manual) and a Golf with some extras can easily get there. I'm actually considering getting one some time soon, if the money allows it(170K NIS is still 30K pounds).

Expensive cars you have there mate. Here Scirocco R with DSG costs 27.5k pounds. Basic is 17k and 160bhp is 18k (probably with some extras it will be 20k, so 2/3 of the price you said). Are all cars so much more expensive in Israel?

What's wrong with that? My computer's monitor can do 2048x1536. Letterboxing it on that allows me to watch 1080P content.

I'd be an idiot to watch it on my 480P TV when my PC can do 1080P and then some.