Top Gear's journey from Georgia to Israel (also: Iraq)

I don't watch Top Gear for the picture quality anyways. Watching Jeremy roll a Reliant Robin is hilarious whether it's in 480P or 1080P.

I do agree, and you know we're just joke-mocking you, right? While it's certainly nice to have a sweet setup I remember the days of watching TG piece by piece on youtube. It was just as funny.
That's before we even knew like 13 previous seasons EXISTED, and then found them all and went on Top Gear watching binges. Ah, the memories.

Top Gear
Tuesday 21 December
8:00pm - 9:05pm
BBC2
Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May compare the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, Porsche 911 GT3 RS and Ferrari 458 Italia in an epic road trip up America's east coast. They undertake a series of challenges culminating in a race to find the fastest way into New York City, all in the name of crowning the world's greatest sports car. Plus, motor-related gear for Christmas and another Star in a Reasonably Priced Car.

Top Gear
Boxing Day
Season 16 Episode 1
Middle East Special Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May embark on a seasonal road trip, trying to follow the path of the three wise men across the Middle East. However, they opt to do so in open-top sports cars that were built for significantly less demanding tasks than driving along the conflict-ridden mountains of southern Turkey, through war-ravaged Iraq and across the searing deserts of Syria. The trio also try to find out what myrrh is and where it can be bought

Top Gear
Tuesday 21 December
8:00pm - 9:05pm
BBC2
Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May compare the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, Porsche 911 GT3 RS and Ferrari 458 Italia in an epic road trip up America's east coast. They undertake a series of challenges culminating in a race to find the fastest way into New York City, all in the name of crowning the world's greatest sports car. Plus, motor-related gear for Christmas and another Star in a Reasonably Priced Car.
wheee.gif
I do believe this is a proper episode in this case.

I was under the impression that this was going to be two specials. But, now it appears there might be a SIARPC segment. Hmm, wonder what to believe? :dunno:

No, it's not a "proper episode".

topgear.com said:
The pertinent point remains: two new shows coming up, the first on Tuesday (that?s TUESDAY, not Sunday) 21 December at 8pm on BBC2, the second on Boxing Day at 8pm on BBC2. Then we?ve got the new series proper starting early in the New Year.

Again, I'm going to ask how the two specials are going to be labeled for downloads/torrents/that sort of thing.

Last edited:
Sorry, shelly, I meant to ask Andy about the numbering but completely forgot (got completely distracted by the fact that he was stood next to me during the filming of the News.) To be honest, Tuesdays show is actually pretty much a normal episode, apart from the fact there's no car put round the track. There's the Eastern USA film, a SIARPC and the Christmas news. So it's not really a 'special', apart from the fact that the big film is longer than normal to make up for the lack of a car-on-the-track bit.

Sorry, shelly, I meant to ask Andy about the numbering but completely forgot (got completely distracted by the fact that he was stood next to me during the filming of the News.) To be honest, Tuesdays show is actually pretty much a normal episode, apart from the fact there's no car put round the track. There's the Eastern USA film, a SIARPC and the Christmas news. So it's not really a 'special', apart from the fact that the big film is longer than normal to make up for the lack of a car-on-the-track bit.

I'm jealous. ;) Of attending, but it would be pretty cool to meet Wilman Wonderland too. :lol:

Was the film epic? You don't have to spoiler, just whet our appetite some more.

The USA film is pretty good - some serious car footage as well as cocking it about. The boys looked like they really wanted to be doing what they were doing, and the ending is silly but a real laugh out loud moment. Plus a pretty hysterical 'dealing with the stig' bit. The news is typical 'Christmas news' - i.e., no news just cocking it. SIARPC very interesting, and good lap time. Wet track - GOOD lap time!

It was amazing to get to go to yet another filming, and great to see Andy again - esp as he recognised me from last time. And when I say recognised, I know he doesn't know my name or anything, I'm not that much of a fangirl to hope for that, but when he spotted me his face cracked into his trademark grin, before he pulled me into a hug and said how nice it was to see me again. And I hadn't even made eye contact with him at this point. Fangirly photos.

Last edited:
ha, sounds great and looks like you had a very good time. thanks for sharing!

One thing I gotta say, wow, hell froze over and Hammond's got a haircut. :p

Someone's cut James' hair as well - think S2 short! One thing I meant to say about the US special - don't expect too much footage of the Blue Ridge Parkway. They gave up for the same reason that I did when I was over there (coincedentally at exactly the same time!! o_O ) - SPEED LIMITS!!! :-x And yes, I've just realised that I've spoilered the USA special in the Iraq thread :rolleyes: