Top Gear's journey from Georgia to Israel (also: Iraq)

Well unless the LCDTV is on your tab I'll stick to the monitor. :D

My 43' Tosh LCDTV in HD and Panny Surround plus Scientific Atlanta HD cable feed V+ box (1080i) is only just acceptable afsiac. Not a piddling little PC screen sorry.

yes. i can't wait.

All I can say is good freakin luck, Clarkson. I'm not sure the year of the Miata or the actual size of the Clarkson, but when I test drove an 89 Miata, my 6'3 250lb self could barely fit my knees under the steering wheel with the seat back all the way, and I had to take the top down because my head stuck out. I hear they make Clarksons relitively large but don't remember the actual size. This may play into the actual episode then.

yes. i can't wait.

This will be good.

Love the bulletproof vest. Nice touch.

I test drove an 89 Miata, my 6'3 250lb self could barely fit my knees under the steering wheel with the seat back all the way, and I had to take the top down because my head stuck out.

Well, I'm 5'8" and I test drove a recent MX5. All I can say is that I felt like a sardine. No room at all. Fun car though.

Last edited:
This will be good.

Well, I'm 5'8" and I test drove a recent MX5. All I can say is that I felt like a sardine. No room at all. Fun car though.

An NC (3rd generation) MX-5 was designed for a 6' tall person to be able to fit. I have one for a daily driver, and I'm about 3 inches taller than you. I've driven for 13 hours straight in it, it's not terrifically awful or cramped. You kind of wear it like a glove, but once you're in it's not so bad.

This will be good.

I'm 5'10" 250ish and fit just fine in both my old 97 and my new(er) 02.

There are some clips of Clarkson driving both a first and 2nd gen Miata on Youtube and extolling the cars virtues so he does fit just fine.

Oh my. This is gonna be epic.
My 43' Tosh LCDTV in HD and Panny Surround plus Scientific Atlanta HD cable feed V+ box (1080i) is only just acceptable afsiac. Not a piddling little PC screen sorry.
Well unless you're buying me one I'm watching it on my monitor. It's hardly 'little', either. It weighs the best part of a hundred pounds.

Last edited:

There are some clips of Clarkson driving both a first and 2nd gen Miata on Youtube and extolling the cars virtues so he does fit just fine.

Nice one!

I'm 120lbs and a girl, lol, maybe I shouldn't complain then! :p

Is it terrible that I look forward to this special more than I do to Christmas itself?
Hopefully the powers that be will be quick to post a DL link for all of us deprived souls. I'll be watching like a hawk all day, ready to pounce.

Is it terrible that I look forward to this special more than I do to Christmas itself?
Hopefully the powers that be will be quick to post a DL link for all of us deprived souls. I'll be watching like a hawk all day, ready to pounce.

Not at all, I am in the same situation, I could care less about Christmas.

It seems that the older you get, the less you look forward to Christmas and the more you look forward to the New Year.

I, however, being the antisocial creature that I am, look forward to neither, leaving a featureless void where my soul should be.

Yeah, my year has gone so far, I can't believe it's almost Christmas already. I know what I'm getting, so really I look forward to December 27 and wake up to DL this epic episode.

You are an enormous person.

Oh my. This is gonna be epic.
Well unless you're buying me one I'm watching it on my monitor. It's hardly 'little', either. It weighs the best part of a hundred pounds.
Oh are we now looking at picture quality through weight? Ok my bad. Seriously a CRT display can give a great rendering of the picture, however in HD(?) and what about the sound quality though?

Oh are we now looking at picture quality through weight? Ok my bad. Seriously a CRT display can give a great rendering of the picture, however in HD(?) and what about the sound quality though?

I can letterbox 1080P content. This isn't some bargain bin Joe's Computers bubbletron here. It does 2048x1536. So yes it can do HD. It can do more than HD.

As for sound quality...it's a computer monitor. It doesn't have speakers. Those are a separate 2.1 system and they sound just fine.

I don't watch Top Gear for the picture quality anyways. Watching Jeremy roll a Reliant Robin is hilarious whether it's in 480P or 1080P.

Last edited: