Top Mountain Motorcycle museum

Anesthesia

Car(s)
'88 Civic 1.6i-16, '05 Accord, '07 Dyna
We visited a motorcycle museum on our roadtrip. Here are the shots I took. One down below, rest of them are in the link under it.
This year there was a special Indian exhibit.

950CQmN.jpg

Rest of the pictures:

Damnit. I've passed Hochgurgl at least twice and never bothered to give it more attention than chuckling at its name.
That's what Mikko said as well, definitely worth a stop that place!

Holy crap... I can't even imagine riding this at that time. Imagine having this between your legs. :oops:

R58kii2.jpg

Don't we all want something big between our legs? :D

Sure, but it takes responsability, otherwise people get hurt.

There is definitely something to a bike where the engine sticks way out either side.

There is definitely something to a bike where the engine sticks way out either side.
I would imagine that thing is smooth as silk to ride.

Oh fuck no, any idea how it started? I can't imagine it was arson all the way up there so presumably a fault. Good thing you had the chance to visit last year.

Man, that sucks, but looking at interior shots of the ceiling, there didn’t appear to be any fire suppression, no sprinklers. Usually with open ceilings where beams are exposed it’s incredibly obvious. Your photos showed extinguishers on my by doors like usual, but that’s it.

i am not a Fire Marshall though.

Oh fuck no, any idea how it started? I can't imagine it was arson all the way up there so presumably a fault. Good thing you had the chance to visit last year.
Nothing yet. I would imagine there being more information as they get to look in to what's left. :(
Good thing we did, sadly that was the one and only time.

Man, that sucks, but looking at interior shots of the ceiling, there didn’t appear to be any fire suppression, no sprinklers. Usually with open ceilings where beams are exposed it’s incredibly obvious. Your photos showed extinguishers on my by doors like usual, but that’s it.

i am not a Fire Marshall though.
Yeah looking back there wasn't all that much in the way of fire suppression and it's not like the fire department is 5 minutes away.

This is a complete trash. I found a cool post, read it and think about that was cool to visit! Many times while working in wallwork trucks I passed by ... Lucky guys who managed to see the museum. Find out what happened there, why the fire started. I hope at least the exhibits were saved, at least some?

Reopen later this year

Reopen later this year

After the damage incurred during the January, 2021, blaze, plans should undoubtedly include fire repellent building materials and advanced sprinkler systems. Of course, the project has many months of hard work ahead.

What did it have before?