TOP SHOT new History channel show like Top Chef but with Guns

British_Rover

Car(s)
2005 Gr Cherokee, dealer demo
Kind of like all those Top Chef, Top designer, top whatever elimination shows.

Except this one has guns so it is automatically way more awesome.

It has modern firearms, historic firearms plus, all other kinds of projectile weapons even sling shots.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/154276/top-shot-the-long-shot

Its on Hulu and the main history channel page is here.

http://www.history.com/shows/top-shot

I am watching the first episode right now. Lots of retired or reserve marines on the show plus a few retired cops and some British and American special forces guys.

Looks pretty cool so far we will see how it goes.

EDIT:

I just finished watching it.
Not a bad show at all. I think they did a decent job explaining windage but didn't go into bullet drop at all.

Last edited:
That Mike guy was garbage. Couldn't hit a 50 yard target with a springfield m1903? With THIRTY shots??? I'm a novice at best, and I could have done that. That Kelly guy was pretty damn good though.

Just watched it.
I liked it, so far. The guy that got eliminated seemed to have a lot of reputation, but not much skill...:dunno:
I was also impressed by the barrel flex in that SVT-40.

I was actually pretty excited to see this show, but I never expected an MTV-style reality show from the History Channel. I have to say that I strongly dislike the format of the show itself. It's way too cookie-cutter to all the other crappy reality shows out there. They even live in a big house together! Can't say that I'll be watching this, and it's mostly due to the poor format.

Aw, come on! The "shoot the name to vote" was cool. :lol:
Also, some guys were almost missing the target at that distance! :lmao:

The format is designed like that of course for extra drama-rama, but I think you can expect any reality show to be like that, they are trying to get as many people as they can to watch it after all, not just obsessive gun nuts like... me, who would watch pretty much anything like this centered around firearms

I didnt think it was all that bad myself, and its the first reality show i've watched in like... ever!

I agree. I was sitting there thinking that the show was very very cookie cutter. The host is realy dull, but I don't know how you could make shooting targets exciting. He is still Mr Generic-reality-show host.

The voting thing was nice though. No hidden ballots is nice.

Shentar;1379395The host is realy dull said:
He was originally one of the best contestants to ever play Survivor.... though he tries to hard to be like Jeff Probst.

I was actually pretty excited to see this show, but I never expected an MTV-style reality show from the History Channel. I have to say that I strongly dislike the format of the show itself. It's way too cookie-cutter to all the other crappy reality shows out there. They even live in a big house together! Can't say that I'll be watching this, and it's mostly due to the poor format.

I agree the format is a bit of a surprise but it is what regular people expect when the watch a reality show. If you didn't use that same formula then people probably wouldn't watch it.

I think anything that will get more people to learn more about firearms and shooting sports is a good thing. When people are more comfortable with them they don't get so freaked out.