James May: Top Toys on BBC2 tonight 8pm

Wow, thanks for letting us know. :glare:

see, there are still ppl on the forum who haven't seen it yet who still want to download it, are you suggesting i should start a *new* thread on an already existing topic instead of bumping an old one? :glare:

see, there are still ppl on the forum who haven't seen it yet who still want to download it, are you suggesting i should start a *new* thread on an already existing topic instead of bumping an old one? :glare:

No that's not what I am saying, I was saying you bumped an old thread from 2005, just to say you watched it and liked it. It didn't really need to be bumped for that...

No that's not what I am saying, I was saying you bumped an old thread from 2005, just to say you watched it and liked it. It didn't really need to be bumped for that...

ok, youve been here longer than i, so what youre saying is if i wanted to discuss the Top Toys special and say that i liked it and see what other people's replies on subject, i should NOT search for the existing thread, and start a new one. or are you saying that discussing the subject at all is off limits here and i shouldn't have mentioned anything in the first place?

please clarify.

ok, youve been here longer than i, so what youre saying is if i wanted to discuss the Top Toys special and say that i liked it and see what other people's replies on subject, i should NOT search for the existing thread, and start a new one. or are you saying that discussing the subject at all is off limits here and i shouldn't have mentioned anything in the first place?

please clarify.

It because that it so old, you have ask is it really worth bumping, you can bump old threads if you are adding something that is worthy.

For example, if you had posted something like, I just watched this, and really enjoyed it, especially the part where James did this...., and how cool was the Lego car he showed. I use to have one of those... (Please note I haven't seen the special)

^That is more elaborate...where "I enjoyed it" wasn't. Does that make sense??

Maybe a mod could clarify when to bump and not to bump, or maybe I was just being a grump.

Yes you're being an grump, but anyways, during the section about the Colditz board game, did anyone think the guy who portrayed 'Jame's Mate' came off as the british version of the 40 year old virign? i mean, omg he looked like one of those men who still lives with his mother and never had a girlfriend, esp the way he got completely anal during the play of the game, lol.

I still laugh my butt off at the Meccano segment, esp what the schoolkids end up building out of the old school meccano kits

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViV_D_LR8GE[/YOUTUBE]

I still laugh my butt off at the Meccano segment, esp what the schoolkids end up building out of the old school meccano kits

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViV_D_LR8GE[/YOUTUBE]

whats the song used during the segment when the schoolkids are assembling the cranes, i also heard it on top gear with a richard hammond road review, however i dont remember what car he drove, what ep or what season it was from, so i can't look up the song name. Thanks.

whats the song used during the segment when the schoolkids are assembling the cranes, i also heard it on top gear with a richard hammond road review, however i dont remember what car he drove, what ep or what season it was from, so i can't look up the song name. Thanks.

The Go Team - LadyFlash

I got big kick out of the show. It brought back memories of being the only boy in my family with alot of sisters until I turned 12. I thought it was especially funny when he blew up a toy that anoyed him as a child.:lol:

hi...just wondering if anyone can help out with the song that is playing during the land speed record using the Scalextric car?? It is driving me nuts

I've just checked the BBC2 channel and here in Stockport it's not being shown, please can you tell me in which area it's being shown?

It's only because I don't have this one in my collection that I posted, I was assuming that it was on TV this evening 1st August 08. After reading further I now realise it's not.

Last edited:
I would really appreciate it if someone could record and upload that. :)
All the torrents I've found so far miss the first few minutes and the quality isn't very good. :(

Oh and BTW, can we please not use headings like "on BBC 2 tonight", I'd nearly made me rush to my dvd recorder (again). :cry:

The "on BBC 2 tonight" heading is from when this topic was first made back in 2005.

I realize that. I only wish people wouldn't use worlds like Now and Tonight in headings. :)

This is on BBC 4 tonight at 8pm.

Which makes me think that with 4 BBC digital channels they could have easily found a slot somewhere for TG even with their absolute "priority" of a shitty pool game.
Permission to say cock.

Which makes me think that with 4 BBC digital channels they could have easily found a slot somewhere for TG even with their absolute "priority" of a shitty pool game.
Permission to say cock.

I think each channel has its own budget and BBC 2 pay for TG so BBC 3 or 4 are not allowed to show it before BBC2.
Also my BBC 3 and 4 have shit reception.