TopGear at Polyphony Digital (Gran Turismo) *Possible Spoilers*

Having the Top Gear airfield track in GT5 would almost make me want to buy a ps3.

Or they could just make GT5 for PC and the world would be a better place.

I bought PS3 over Christmas hoping GT5 would come out in a few weeks. How wrong I was.

GT5 is expected late 2008, and that will probably slip to mid 2009. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is out in Japan before Christmas, and the PAL version is due out March 2008. Still no news on a US release for GT5P.

The demo for GT5P is due out in October :)

they are busy trying to make a graphics engine better then god's.

i would pay a lot of money to fling these around the TG track.

GTvsrealitysept2007.jpg

jeez that R8 looks almost real, maybe gran turismo 5 will turn me away from the 360 section

Oh man...

I just had a visual Orgasm. :rolleyes:

Anyways, it's unlikely that we will see the TG track on GT5 as there are lots and lots of official tracks that haven't yet made it to the game (e.g: Silverstone, Spa Francorchamps etc.).

But hey!!! If it finally made it to the game...
God that would be perfect!!!

Last edited:
Oh man...

I just had a visual Orgasm. :rolleyes:

Anyways, it's unlikely that we will see the TG track on GT5 as there are lots and lots of official tracks that haven't yet made it to the game (e.g: Silverstone, Spa Francorchamps etc.).

But hey!!! If it finally made it to the game...
God that would be perfect!!!

Wow I almost cried with joy at those screenshots!!! In 2003 my friends and I predicted that in 10 years we would have photo-realistic graphics that would look like a movie...well I think a lot of the stuff coming out soon is almost at that level!! Unbelievable!

First. Some of you guys think that sony hasnt ever done something right.

Well, Their TVs are very good and the PS2 is the best console ever created so far if we are looking at sales. The PS3is on hell of a console and will show it potenital in like a year or so.

And the GT series is awesome, and if we will see a Top Gear track on the game that would be awesome!

First. Some of you guys think that sony hasnt ever done something right.

Well, Their TVs are very good and the PS2 is the best console ever created so far if we are looking at sales. The PS3is on hell of a console and will show it potenital in like a year or so.

And the GT series is awesome, and if we will see a Top Gear track on the game that would be awesome!
The GT series is the Top Rated realistic racing series out, GT4 has amazing graphics, equivalent to probably PGR3. GT4 was even in HD, 1080i and that was on the PS2, so I really don't see why Sony and Microsoft push HD in a way that it seems that it is only for next gen consoles. If anyone has a PS2, component cables, and GT4 (or Resident Evil 4, I think) they should be able to do HD. (added realistic, so don't anyone dare say NFS.)

The GT series is the Top Rated realistic racing series out, GT4 has amazing graphics, equivalent to probably PGR3. GT4 was even in HD, 1080i and that was on the PS2, so I really don't see why Sony and Microsoft push HD in a way that it seems that it is only for next gen consoles. If anyone has a PS2, component cables, and GT4 (or Resident Evil 4, I think) they should be able to do HD. (added realistic, so don't anyone dare say NFS.)

I heard that when playing GT4 in HD mode you can actually see much further onto the road.

they are busy trying to make a graphics engine better then god's.

i would pay a lot of money to fling these around the TG track.

That is indeed UNMATCHED! I believe these shots were taken off GT5 Prologue (a preview version prior to the real deal)...anyone tried it? Must be amazing..

GT4 in HD mode is pretty close to PGR3 on the 360, graphics wise. The Audi Le Mans Quattro looks extremely real in GT4, pretty much better then any car in PGR3.

So far the first few GT TV video clips to come out on the JP GT5 demo have been Best Motoring, JP drift video, and touring car clips, perhaps the UK version of GT5 Prologue will come out with TG clips.