TopGear at Polyphony Digital (Gran Turismo) *Possible Spoilers*

Koks

hope this was not posted before ..anyways..
In the last Joystiq Podcast one of the writers mentioned he visited Polyphony Digital for an interview, and when he gets there he meets some guys from topgear having a talk or interview with Polyphony. Maybe TG will reach into the videogames sometime soon...who knows...

get the podcast here:
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/09/21/joystiq-podcast-tgs-07-special-part-2/

the TG/polyphony thing starts at 29:00

we have seen several screenshots of gt5:prologues in built video player/tv channel showing downloaded top gear eps.

mt2vwp.gif

hopefuuly the track will appear in the full game.

Having the Top Gear airfield track in GT5 would almost make me want to buy a ps3.

Or they could just make GT5 for PC and the world would be a better place.

Having the Top Gear airfield track in GT5 would almost make me want to buy a ps3.

Or they could just make GT5 for PC and the world would be a better place.

I have to agree on both counts. The GT series belongs on the PC :)

I know it's never going to happen. It's a good idea, and Sony never does anything good.

ever

The TG Test track is going to be on GT5? One phrase fills my mind:

A W E S O M E

i'd spend $500 to blast around the Top Gear track...

[or mooch off of a friend]

The ironic thing is that the game is actually developed on a PC just not compiled for it because of Sony/Polyphony's damn contracts. There was a rumour a few years back about PP putting out a GT version for the PC called "Gran Turismo Classic"..but I guess it remained a rumour and nothing more.

Last edited:
There was a rumour a few years back about PP putting out a GT version for the PC called "Gran Turismo Classic"..but I guess it remained a rumour and nothing more.

no such project existed it was a rumour started on a pc forum many years ago.

PD and sony (entertainment group) are one and the same in everything but name, this is no contract as such. you have much chance of seeing halo 3 on the wii running at 0.5fps.

here's hoping for the top gear track anyway, if only for curiosity's sake.

Well, you can create games through Linux on the PS3, but that would require the devs to create their own new software, and it is obvious because of all the porting that they are to lazy to do it.

hehehe that would be a great combo. And yes I conccur with GT should be on PC hehehe I allways thought about that also