• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

TopGear U.K. Back To U.S.

GabrielWander

This is in regaurds to TopGear being pulled off the Discovery channel here in the U.S., i read that there is being an americanized version being made and i think this is ridiculous, the U.K version need to come back to the Discovery channel in the U.S for us americans having TopGear Withdrawls. I have made a petition that i think if it gets in the hands of the right people, and the right signatures, it could make a difference for us TopGearHeads in the U.S. The petition can be seen here http://www.petitiononline.com/tpgrusa/petition.html

Thanks

-Gabriel Wander

Saying that you've seen TopGear on the internet isn't the kinda thing the BBC would like to see (not that they don't know about it). Also, the petition is most likely going to get you nowhere unfortunatly. Also you've got a few minor grammer/punctuation mistakes which makes everything look pretty slack.

Though I couldn't care less for you poor Americans who get the crappy TG, I'll sign it cos we'er all "TopGearHeads" as you say it ;)

Saying that you've seen TopGear on the internet is a smart move...
it tells the BBC that "ive seen it on the internet now i want it on TV .." understand?
its a good thing .. shows the BBC that sites like this is a good thing..
people download and likes what they see .. and gets a TVchannel to buy.. and the BBC makes more money ..

Online petitions are the most useless idea ever. Your petition sucks, your reason for making a petition is questionable at best, and I'm sure the BBC couldn't care less about your petition.

Seriously, give it up.

BerserkerCatSplat said:
Online petitions are the most useless idea ever. Your petition sucks, your reason for making a petition is questionable at best, and I'm sure the BBC couldn't care less about your petition.

Seriously, give it up.

One of the reasons petitions were looked at and taken so seriously years ago was because in order to get people to sign it, you had to do somthing. The person most passionate would have to go door to door or go out in public places and approach strangers to get signatures. The recipients of the petition appreciate the effort and time spent on getting the signatures and then put credit in the petition. Sitting at your computer and going forum to forum or mass emailing doesnt take that much effort. Good Luck though. :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, and when makeing a petition, if you want the recipient to take it as seriously as you, use a spell check.

God this guy is stupid. If he watched TopGear on the Discovery channel then he is already watching an "Americanized" version of the show already. As for the actual American TopGear, if you don't like then don't watch it. It will have no affect on you whatsoever.

Ok, After some thinking, this is my interpretation on how the petition will be percieved:

"Dear BBC,
Please don't ship Top Gear to the US. They will just make it bad and stupid. Just keep making it the way you have so we can keep pirating it on the intranetz. Even though you want to expand your audience and make more money, please don't. After taking some night classes on macroeconomics, I don't think it'd be good.

KThxBye!,

Mr. McMoron.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. McMoron,

orly.JPG

The BBC.

^ :lol:

I'm really starting to get annoyed by the random influx of n3wbz that come and sign up, only to make one post for some sort of lame request about Top Gear, or bump some ancient thread just to say, "ive seen dat too i agree" or something, then disappear forever. :x

:dancinglock:

BlaRo said:
^ :lol:

I'm really starting to get annoyed by the random influx of n3wbz that come and sign up, only to make one post for some sort of lame request about Top Gear, or bump some ancient thread just to say, "ive seen dat too i agree" or something, then disappear forever. :x

:dancinglock:

LAWLerz, WeRD. 8)

Re: TopGear U.K. Back To U.S.

GabrielWander said:
This is in regaurds to TopGear being pulled off the Discovery channel here in the U.S., i read that there is being an americanized version being made and i think this is ridiculous, the U.K version need to come back to the Discovery channel in the U.S for us americans having TopGear Withdrawls. I have made a petition that i think if it gets in the hands of the right people, and the right signatures, it could make a difference for us TopGearHeads in the U.S. The petition can be seen here http://www.petitiononline.com/tpgrusa/petition.html

Thanks

-Gabriel Wander
an online petition will have little to no effect at all.