• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Topic for men: single vs owned (women invited as well)

Topic for men: single vs owned (women invited as well)

• single and happy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • single and unhappy

• in a relationship and happy

• in a relationship and unhappy

• Total voters

Z Draci

I just helped my friend and his wife move into their new home during this past weekend. Now, I find out my other good friend may get married within the next year. I then realize that every single one of my friends is involved in a relationship with a girl.

I am the only person I know who is single and perfectly happy. I'm not kidding myself either. When I was involved in all those relationships with girls, all I got was just unneeded responsibilities and commitments. After my last official relationship, I looked back on the times when I was single. I reminded myself of all the freedom I had to do whatever I wanted. Then, I dumped that ego-centric ***** and lived a full life.

Now, I still have girls around. However, I never develop any emotional ties or care to get involved too much. They are just there to give it up on a simple late night phone call. This way, I get what I want with no stress or money spent.

The bottom line is that I'm young. I don't need a girlfriend, fiance, or wife at this point in my life. I still have a million things I want to accomplish in my life. I have dreams and goals. I am not going to let some emotional, self-centered ***** mess things up for me.

I am only going to invite a partner into my life when I have accomplished all my goals in life. It's definately on the bottom of my priority list! I do not want any girl controlling me and taking money & time away. It's a waste of time at my age. It's not as if I'll marry any girl I know right now!

I would rather wait until I'm a wealthy 35-40 year old and snatch a 20 year old wife. That's the only way you tell other males how successful you are in life. All the girls you had before are now 35-40 year old too. Imagine their reaction when they see you happy. They're now just a bunch of wrinkled old ladies. :lol:

What's your take on relationships?

Single and unhappy.
Well, this is depressing. I'll think I'll go cry in a corner now... :cry:

Married and very happy (just had our first anniversary a week ago), have been with my wife for a total of nine years.

Each to their own though - it's only a problem if you're unhappy.

Edit: I've finally read your entire post Z_Draci, and you sound very bitter. There's no point in hanging around in bad relationships, but being with someone and sharing you life with them doesn't mean you have to give up your goals and dreams - you share them with your partner, as they share theirs with you. You work together to achieve them.

Sounds airy-fairy I know, but just felt the need for a bit of balance.

Don't think all girls are evil because you've had some bad luck - 99.9999% of them are terrific, in fact I'd suggest there's more evil males around than evil females...

But as I said, each to their own - what's important is what makes you happy - and if being single is what makes you happy, then :thumbsup:

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
Single and happy. :)

I'm with you Z Draci, even if you sound a tad bitter. ;)

Oh yea, I do sound a bit bitter there! I'm just trying to express my frustrations at girls who continually screw over guys. I've had my fair share of those so that's why I chose to be single!

To girls who might read this: I'm not saying all girls are asterisk ridden words. If you aren't one, you are exception to my rule. Just because you're a nice girl doesn't mean other girls are the same as you. There are plenty that will screw guys over. Those are the ones to which I am referring.

Z Draci said:
Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
Single and happy. :)

I'm with you Z Draci, even if you sound a tad bitter. ;)

Oh yea, I do sound a bit bitter there! I'm just trying to express my frustrations at girls who continually screw over guys. I've had my fair share of those so that's why I chose to be single!

To girls who might read this: I'm not saying all girls are asterisk ridden words. If you aren't one, you are exception to my rule. Just because you're a nice girl doesn't mean other girls are the same as you. There are plenty that will screw guys over. Those are the ones to which I am referring.

My sisters are exactly the kind of girls you are talking about. They use the whole lot on their boyfriends - guilt trips, hissy fits, jealousy, too much control, etc. etc.

It's hard to be a guy and watch it to be honest.

The plus side is that I can spot that kind of girl from a mile away. 8)

I think my signature puts my situation clear although I can't vote because I don't know what to vote ;).

Mischief007 said:
I think my signature puts my situation clear although I can't vote because I don't know what to vote ;).
Agreed. For the most part, anyway.

Try reading this, I found it to actually sort of make sense.

:twisted:

^ Reading it now. Will post later.

seeing as i am some weird Indian Geek who loves star trek, star wars, and such. i am single, and slightly unhappy. :bangin:

Interesting article...Looks like I was always on the "friend" ladder :lol:

No wonder I consider women evil. Being played like that.

relatively recently single after 3.5+ years :yucky: felt completely suffocated :thumbsdown: decided that never dating an Aussie girl ever again was a good idea, they're f*#king hopeless :lol:

Single and looking :blush: I'm 15, what do you expect...for me to be married? :lol:

I'm single and definitely happy. It's real nice not having an obligation to call someone, keep someone happy, deal with them when they're upset...

That doesn't mean I'm not looking, though. I'm always on the lookout for a girl who shares my interests. It just doesn't happen very often.

Dr. Woo said:
That doesn't mean I'm not looking, though. I'm always on the lookout for a girl who shares my interests. It just doesn't happen very often.
Yeah I can sympathise, it's not very often that you meet an attractive girl who's in to two-stroke motorcycles, cigars, coffee, running and bedroom exercise :lol: tho I'll usually settle for girls that are just into the latter :lol:

Single and kind of looking.

Dr. Woo said:

Indeed. I love it when I meet a girl who's into cars, rugby union, AFL and of course, likes to have a good, healthy social drink ;)

astroboymoto said:
and bedroom exercise tho I'll usually settle for girls that are just into the latter

:lol: gold

Re: Topic for men: single vs owned (women invited as well)

Z Draci said:
...dumped that ego-centric ***** and lived a full life.

Now, I still have girls around. However, I never develop any emotional ties or care to get involved too much. They are just there to give it up on a simple late night phone call. This way, I get what I want with no stress or money spent.

The bottom line is that I'm young. I don't need a girlfriend, fiance, or wife at this point in my life. I still have a million things I want to accomplish in my life. I have dreams and goals. I am not going to let some emotional, self-centered ***** mess things up for me...
x2 :thumbup:

most of the time bad experience, which leads to having enough of some ego-centric ladies, enjoying the bright side of the single life ;)

A couple of my friends have girlfriends and all they complain about is doing stuff for them, how they feel, what they want in the future, etc etc. It all seems like a pain in the arse right now, can't be bothered, I'd rather take a car out for a spin, or spend my time here then be told off my a girlfriend.