• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

torrent settings

bone

"bangle for president"
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
each time someone says anything about torrentspeeds not being very high. there always is someone saying "it's because you have the wrong settings, change them and you'll have fast download speeds"

so, can anybody say what those settings are?

i've allready opened ports 6881-6999, but that didn't help, now my firewall is disabled, downloadspeed = 0.0 kbs

WHICH SETTING ARE LEFT?????

Hmm, you have a router and you've forwarded the ports the client is trying to use? Hmm...

Uh, dunno. :lol:

i don't have a router.

my dad's pc has 2 networkcards, which shares internet to my pc...

and what is uPNP? there is a checkbox in my settings to use it, but it's disabled, can't click it

bone said:
i don't have a router.

my dad's pc has 2 networkcards, which shares internet to my pc...
I suspect that this is where your problem lies.
This setup could effectively behave as a firewall / router.
Check if the problem goes away if you download the torrent from your dad's pc (which I assume has the actual internet connection).

bone said:
and what is uPNP? there is a checkbox in my settings to use it, but it's disabled, can't click it

See www.uPnP.org .
It's probably disabled if you don't have a uPnP device and / or software, I wouldn't worry about that.

i already tried that! i'm not THAT stupid.

and can anyone tell me what the following things mean:
- optimistic unchoke
- local/remote
- interested
- choking (this is always selected when someone has 100%)
- snubbed