• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Total Immersion Racing...

ChaoZ

Car(s)
Mazda Miata
What a piece of turd! I picked it up for $5 used at EB and I thought I grossly overpaid. Poor graphics, aside, the physics of the game are just stupid! I have never experienced twitchier cars in any other game. Even on dry asphalt it feels like driving on ice, HOWEVER, it seems to grip when its least likely to.

I thought nothing could top Apex for bad racing on the Xbox (although I did have a bit of fun with that one). Total Immersion Racing gets my vote as the worst racing game on Xbox.

Anybody feel differently about this game?

No, crap is crap.

Wait for Forza Motorsport 8)
It will have an RS6 :shock:

Re: Total Immersion Racing...

ChaoZ said:
Anybody feel differently about this game?
The only thing I would feel differently about that, is that I think Burnout 3 is the worst racing game on xBox, not Total Immersion. :p I really can not understand how Burnout 3 can be one of the most widely loved and highly rated racing games, and at the same time be so incredibly awful. :?

I don't mind Burnout 3 - I love the crash mode - great fun. I picked up Driving Emotion Type S for ?5 and thought it was gonna be terrible, but I love driving games so much I thought I might as well give it a try for a fiver. I couldn't have been more wrong, I loved the game and play it over and over again, the highlight being driving the F50 in the in car view and seeing the digital speedo light up the cars interior. *bliss*

zenon said:
The only thing I would feel differently about that, is that I think Burnout 3 is the worst racing game on xBox, not Total Immersion. :p I really can not understand how Burnout 3 can be one of the most widely loved and highly rated racing games, and at the same time be so incredibly awful. :?

Did you ever play it?

Sad part about it was that Total Immersion racing was once a promising game made by a very promising driving simulator group.
It was called World Sports Cars untill thier publisher sold all thier rights to some other company who just screwed everything up

http://www.bhmotorsports.com/WSC

I just downloaded GTR demo for the PC. Looks very promising. I like it a lot. Too bad my computer sucks the big one.

cvrefugee said:
zenon said:

Did you ever play it?
Burnout 3? Yes, I've played quite a bit of it. I rented it for three days, and I still regret it. I can not express how much I disliked that game. It was so brutally easy, the physics were horrendous and I was completley bored with it in about an hour. I kept playing it for the three days because I have a really bad habit of thinking games will miraculously get better if I keep playing them - simply put, it didn't. :?

My main pet-peeve with racing games is their difficulty. If a game is too easy (like Burnout 3 or Need for Speed Underground 2) I get extremely bored, end up hating the game completely, and regret even playing them in the first place. I don't mind a really difficult racing game, but the easy ones drive me nuts. :evil: