Touchpad fire sale

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
Has anyone tried the Communities app, just trying to see if it justifies the high price.

jasonof2000

Car(s)
2013 Lincoln MKT, 2002 Miata SE, 2012 Honda NC700
Actually I'm a bit bored with mine. WebOs even after the tweeks doesn't impress me very much. These days I'm just using it as a garage Pandora streamer.

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
Actually I'm a bit bored with mine. WebOs even after the tweeks doesn't impress me very much. These days I'm just using it as a garage Pandora streamer.
Yah pandora's actually a big reason why i got one, as i love falling asleep to music.

I do break it out if im in bed and dont feel like carrying a pc, but beyond that it sits around pretty much. im using it as my only computer this weekend as i left my netbook behind like a idiot. So far, so good.

cdbob

Car(s)
'09 STi (soon gone),'04 TDi, '96 MX-5 M
I must say on many ways this has replaced the need for a laptop. Aside from the odd time I need to run a program that won't be on arm on a few years.

I'm excited for the CM port coming. I was talking to one of the guys on their irc chan last night and he was saying he wanted to release a incomplete version for people soon.

jasonof2000

Car(s)
2013 Lincoln MKT, 2002 Miata SE, 2012 Honda NC700
Yah pandora's actually a big reason why i got one, as i love falling asleep to music.

I do break it out if im in bed and dont feel like carrying a pc, but beyond that it sits around pretty much. im using it as my only computer this weekend as i left my netbook behind like a idiot. So far, so good.
Well I already have a Xoom, which blows the Touchpad away in every way, I can see why HP decided to dump it. At $99.00 it is freaking awesome and if it was my only tablet I'd love it but what they wanted when it came out...

Davetouch

is un-Stoppable
Car(s)
'00 9-3 2.0 Turbo Vert, Various MGs, '99 Ringoo
Just a bit late to the party - but I've just spoken to a mate who got one for cheap and it gave me a bit of a surprise. :p Supposedly though there will be another batch and from what I've read it'll be sometime before the end of October... If there is a chance Android will be able to be Put on it then I am definitely interested :p Damn not paying attention to tech stuff! :lol:

Aston Martin

Proudly supports terrible french cars
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
Just a bit late to the party - but I've just spoken to a mate who got one for cheap and it gave me a bit of a surprise. :p Supposedly though there will be another batch and from what I've read it'll be sometime before the end of October... If there is a chance Android will be able to be Put on it then I am definitely interested :p Damn not paying attention to tech stuff! :lol:
Android isnt far off. :p

cdbob

Car(s)
'09 STi (soon gone),'04 TDi, '96 MX-5 M
There was supposed to be a video on 10/10, but it was delayed due to issues with the latest version of the build fucking things up.

[05:07] <@jonpry> last minute things apparently blew the whole shebang up
[05:08] <@jonpry> apparently its useless now. video could not be made
I asked Jonpry, one of the members of the team when he thought it (the video) would be released. He said it probably wouldn't be happening for a few days because everyone of the team was pretty damn tired.

[05:10] <cdbob> jonpry, is there a chance of a video tomorrow?
[05:10] <@jonpry> i think we are all too tired
[05:10] <@jonpry> will take days of recovery
For for a release, it's tough to know. The team keeps running into new issues that prevent them from coming close to even a beta release.

Edit: At least they finally got some sleep
[12:53] <cdbob> Darlingrin, are you guys getting any more sleep?
[12:53] <@dalingrin> I got sleep last night finally

Last edited:

Wizegui

Car(s)
'93 Toyota Tercel, '01 Swagger Wagon
Don't really mind the delays. Frankly I think I would be more disappointed if a half assed alpha was released with a number of bugs. Either way I love WebOS and I hear that 3.03/3.04 is supposedly faster.

Aston Martin

Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
I've read CM7 is 2 weeks away, but no rush.

From what I gather 3.03 can be forced onto it, but you lose access to the store and other account features. I'm waiting for the OTA.

Davetouch

is un-Stoppable
Car(s)
'00 9-3 2.0 Turbo Vert, Various MGs, '99 Ringoo
Ah nice! Shame I decided to wait for ICS to come out and see what the tablet market does then :) Also its very unlikely I will get a touchpad for ?89, but with them in such high demand it can't hurt to try :p

Aston Martin

Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
My PC doesn't find the Touchpad in Novacom mode. Even after reinstaling novacom. Trying again on laptop.

Aston Martin

Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
Tried on a Vista laptop, that found it in Nova mode, hit enter on the cmd, and nothing.
Now my PC installs the nova drivers, but they don't appear.