Touchpad fire sale

It's actually quite a nice device. I'd say for a tablet it's better than Android 2.2, but it still falls short of 3.0/3.1 in some ways.

I like it. Perfect for Reddit/video watching while on the go. Battery is great, too.

Dixons PR:
"Dixons.co.uk: HP Touchpad SALE, Tuesday AM Limited Stock online from later today. ?89 for the 16gb and ?115 for the 32gb"

:(

Also HP UK have added the white 64 gb.

Linky

Last edited:
Anyone willing to buy/ship one to Germany for me? Please? Pretty please? Would make a nice birthday present for the significant other :)

I bought one from onSale / Amazon, and arranged delivery to Finland via comGateway.com shipment forwarding service. I hope it works! :)

UKers the Dixon sale happened, apparently they had very very few in stock and the site kept rejecting payment. :lol:

But, the other big boys must price match soon?

^
Arseholes have them on ebay for ?180.
Theres a thread on hotukdeals, if you keep checking it, you might get lucky with a link to a shop thats selling them.

Dixons, Currys, PC World, Best Buy, Carphone Warehouse & Comet, sold out. (Most are the same company i think) But theres still retailers who havent dropped.
Luckily I don't have to deal with this crap, i've already been through the F5-ing.

Last edited:
If there's an Amzon UK sale I'll get one. Or any other retailer that ships here.

Shit I can?t find one. Amazon ones are like $200

The 16GB I ordered from Amazon Lightning deal shipped and will be here tomorrow.

Fuck Barnes and Noble... I know I had to have been one of the first to order from them because I was on the site before the price drop and I was refreshing like a maniac until the price dropped, now they say that my order fell after the inventory was depleted and my order will not be filled.

Edit: if anyone was able to buy and extra and is looking to help a fellow forum member out shoot me a pm.

Last edited:
I am interested in getting a pre for 50 more than a touchpad - anyone know what the situation is like with them?

Slickdeals genuinely disgusts me... beyond words.

Hopefully, mine goes through, but I'm not holding my breath. :p

I missed out cause I decided today to get one, if anyone has a spare one they want to part with im looking, send me a pm

I heard Wednesday is new stock and Newegg hasnt dropped their price yes and Amazon might have a second sale

Slickdeals genuinely disgusts me... beyond words.

Hopefully, mine goes through, but I'm not holding my breath. :p

The people who buy like 8 of them only to resell them for 500 bucks on EBay blow. Seriously, that's just wrong. Apparently there are enough suckers in the world that they're actually doing quite well.

I missed out cause I decided today to get one, if anyone has a spare one they want to part with im looking, send me a pm

I heard Wednesday is new stock and Newegg hasnt dropped their price yes and Amazon might have a second sale

HP reportedly has a shit ton of these in warehouse and on manufacturing lines according to BGR. That might not even count stock that retailers are choosing to return a'la Best Buy US in the early days of this.

Here's the notification page from HP if anyone's interested: http://www.hp.com/united-states/webos/us/en/tablet/touchpad-availability.html

they redid their site to reflect the new status, so the form seems to be offline for now.

Insight: https://www.insight.com/search/ppp.web?materialId=FB454UT#ABA, has them with old pricing...Newegg no longer has them up on their site...so who knows what happened.

For those near a Best Buy: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?p=42007082#post42007082

It definetly doesn't hurt to check and see when your local store gets truck pretty much. If I'm lucky, the store in Chambersburg will have plenty to go around, when I get there on Friday seeing as it's kinda in the boonies....

EDIT: this is going to be logistically interesting....I'll have to head to Ship as soon as my math class is over at 1 and snag my paycheck...from there it'll be another 15-20 minutes to chambersburg...I might have to get my aunt or uncle to buy one for me and I'd pay them when I get to their house...

Last edited:
My friend ordered through the onsale @amazon, but now those guys say, if you ordered it's first come first serve.

No idea about mine from the ebay, hoping they get to florida tomorrow. Although, for them to ship 6700 I expect it could take them a while.

My friend ordered through the onsale @amazon, but now those guys say, if you ordered it's first come first serve.

No idea about mine from the ebay, hoping they get to florida tomorrow. Although, for them to ship 6700 I expect it could take them a while.

My dad did the onsale deal too. Some over at SD are saying that they're getting "shipped" notifications, others are in "Shipping Soon" like my dad. They better honor the order or I'm going to be pissed, as my Dad will inevitably blame me if he loses 100 bucks. :p

How much did yours cost on ebay? I can't find many or any here for anything resembling 99 bucks :)

16Gb was $119 each & $12 combined shipping for 2.

Last edited: