Touchpad fire sale

89GBP ones are gone already from Amazon.co.uk, they were lowered at ~2am German time, found it by accident........let's see what happens. I guess I need new chargers if they arrive, it's an UK model :)

89GBP ones are gone already from Amazon.co.uk, they were lowered at ~2am German time, found it by accident........let's see what happens. I guess I need new chargers if they arrive, it's an UK model :)

Well fuck them, now it's 100 pounds more expensive than yesterday at ?382.36 as opposed to 299.

The charger they come with is 110-240 50-60 mhz, so it works anywhere. Just get a Euro to UK adaptor.

In the UK, that idiot PR guy for Dixons said "yes well refund you to ?89, so everybody bought it at full price and is waiting for cashback.

I used datavision, people will get them... Maybe 1 per customer. I love the internet.

Last edited:
Well fuck them, now it's 100 pounds more expensive than yesterday at ?382.36 as opposed to 299.

Prices were exploding here too, they were at 530? for the 16GB at one point...idiots. Now both Amazon.de and HP are sold out, I am still not certain my order will go through...then again, stores like Amazon are more likely to be restocked than some smaller shops.

Probs shouldn't of let B&N what I think of their customer service via my work email account D: I mentioned I was less than impressed that they had a statement on their site saying that they will only bill you at time of shipping yet they place a hold on your card - if I can't access my monies that's as good as billing anyway...

Thank you for shopping at DataVision. We have received your order, and it is currently processing. Your Datavision order number is.

Processing, no tracking number. New York isn't awake for another 2 hours 20 mins. I'll try a livechat then.

I've found some on ebay for $900+ :lol:

stupid assholes reselling them in ebay and amazon.

That's the problem with most of these deal sites, by the time they come up the stuff is long gone

I've just travelled 30miles by train and foot only to be told they're sold out. :(

Any UKaians able to get me one or two? Cash waiting!

The only way you stood a chance was to:

- phone up immediately on the announcement and reserve one
- turn up the next day after the price drop to buy it

Drove around to various stores with no luck yesterday.

Datavisions twitter: "ALL orders WILL BE SHIPPED towards the end of this week. NO CANCELLATIONS. Thank you for your patience.
"
"All orders will ship end of this week. We will NOT cancel the orders, they wll filll."

Still, I want a live chat answer. This whole debacle was a lottery.
Barns and Noble need to give you guys, store credit or a free Nook or something.

Their livechat option died 15 minutes before opening...

Alot of UK'ers bought for ?359 and are getting refunds this week. <_< Apart from Argos who don't appear to be refunding.

Last edited:
Apparently Insight just had them for 99. During my checkout it locked up and I can't even get back on the sight.

Edit, got my order to go through, we'll see if it works. Said they had 200+ in stock.

Last edited:
I went to a Walmart out in the sticks and they had four. One 16 gig and three 32 gig models. I picked up the 16 for myself and a 32 for a Canadian friend of mine who is going to pay me for the tablet and shipping.

Man I would have purchased a 32 off of you.

Edit: also looks like the universe doesn't want me to have a touchpad... Went by an OfficeDepot in a rough part of town on my lunch break hoping that they might have received a few on their morning shipment. While I was shooting the breeze with the manager their trucks which was supposed to have 21 units aboard, arrives...total number actually on the truck....none :cry:

Last edited:
@datavisionNYC Hi, I live in the city and am wondering if you get any cancellations for the HP touchpad can i pick one up? Thanks

@datavisionNYC
DataVision Computer @nycdaddio - Check back next week. More coming.

Optimism all-round, their livechat is still offline though. Can't blame them.

US FGers: I may get 2 extra TPs, 1 16gb and 1 32gb, from HP Small and Medium Business. If I do I will sell for cost + shipping. It'll come out to around $200 for the 32 and $150 for the 16.

Chicago FGers: If I get the 2 extra I'd be happy to sell in person for cost.