Touchpad fire sale

Any more news about the Palm Pre firesale?

I got an email...

We would first like to thank you for your purchase of the HP TouchPad over the weekend. As I am sure you saw, the item sold out almost immediately. This will be the first of a series of email notifications and status updates in order for you receive the latest and most up to date status on the order without having to phone or email our systems.

As of 5pm EST on 8/23, we anticipate shipping these towards the end of this week.
We will certainly keep you updated as we know exact dates by email, Facebook, and Twitter.

We have freight tracking # from HP with enough orders so that everyone will receive their complete order.
For those that ordered 10, 50, or 100, they will be PARTIALLY filled this week, and the balance FILLED most likely next week. It is the only fair thing to do, as we are assuring that everyone will get their FULL order without any canceling.

Currently the order process will be the following:
-Over the next day or two, we will start the "Invoicing" stage. This is when our systems take your order status from "Active/Open" to the packing stage.
-Following the Invoicing, a shipping label will be created, and emailed to you.

*Please note, when you receive this email notice, it is GREAT NEWS, as it means it is almost out the door.

Finally, we completely understand your situation in wanting this product as timely as possible. We certainly hope that once we deliver your TouchPad, you will take consider the fact we followed through on the order completely, as opposed to other retailers canceling orders with simple apologies.

You deserve the item you ordered, at the incredible price paid, and we intend to deliver for you. All of our sites, and marketplaces received over 10,000 orders in total, and it has simply been overwhelming.

What cunt orders that many?

Last edited:
asswipes that want to resell them at 40$ over 99 and make 40xhowmany bought, people who buy 2-10 usually jack up the price but you can make coin on volume, assholes all of them :/

Hope i can find one tomorrow, got a friend checking local BestBuys in US, i'll paypal if found

Got the 16GB I ordered from Amazon on Sunday morning just now. What's interesting is that it's the last order I placed for a Touchpad during the firesale weekend but the first to actually arrive. My first order on Friday night from HP EPP will be here on the 25th according to FedEx (had to look up shipping info by reference due to lack of a shipping update on my HP account). Office Depot order is scheduled to arrive tomorrow but I haven't been given any tracking info. OfficeMax order is on backorder.

touchpadedit.jpg

If anyone ends up with more than they wanted, I'll take it off their hands - willing to pay a "reasonable" amount for managing to snag one

What cunt orders that many?

I hope nobody buys from these assholes and they just get stuck with the 50 touchpads.

(I wish stores had the power and time to report these to the IRS. I highly doubt they are going to claim the profits as income at the end of the year.)

At first I only wanted one for my girlfriend but then I thought my mom might want a cheap, easy-to-use tablet. When I told my friend he asked me to snag one for him. If all orders go through I might have one extra 32GB.

For those who care, a Touchpad next to a Xoom.

HBXoom.jpg

hpxoom.jpg

hpxoom1.jpg

Best Buy is getting limited stock in Illinois and Texas, i thought they'd wait till tomorrow, dont want people grabbing them all while im asleep :(

Managed to snag cases + keyboards at Best Buy today.

damnit, everyone is walking into best buy and buying two or three :/ i just want one :|

There's a lot of talk of Pre 3 firesale. Anyone know if it works on Verizon? Would totally pick one up to give the GF a cheapass smartphone.

There's a lot of talk of Pre 3 firesale. Anyone know if it works on Verizon? Would totally pick one up to give the GF a cheapass smartphone.

Same here - Wouldn't mind a cheap Pre 3 as a spare phone.

Seems its still possible to pick up a cheap Touchpad in the US - Over here the retailers sold out on the day they firesale was announced.

Lots of FGers in the Texas area, they still have numbers in Texas BBs, hint hint wink wink :p

Lol - The Finalgear international WebOS purchasing service.